My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Pause/Replay Live TV not working

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

digitalmaster

I have upgraded from the previous Humax box to the HDR-1000S and aside from getting used to the new menu structure I have been reasonably satisfied.

The main issue discovered today (and to be honest I am not sure if it has ever worked), is the complete lack of pausing or doing anything else with Live TV?

I have experienced recordings being missed but have cured that problem by a forum suggestion of auto power on at 05:00 followed by an auto power off at 05:15 every day.

I have recorded 2 different channels at the same time and I have tried a power off and power on, but all to no avail...still no Live TV functions.
    I have seen elsewhere suggestions of re-formatting HDD, any idea if this will help (really don't want to lose all my recordings)

Thanks for any ideas or help.

| Wed 26 Dec 2012 14:39:59 #1 |
  2. chistery

chistery

Does anything happen when you press pause?

| Wed 26 Dec 2012 14:58:12 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

What does Settings - System info - Signal say at the foot of the page.
    It should say "freesat box connected with 2 cable"

| Wed 26 Dec 2012 15:06:04 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

digitalmaster

The Pause button does nothing to Live TV although all the features including Pause work OK when in normal playback of a previous recording, so I am assuming the actual buttons on the remote are OK.

On the System Info it shows "connected with 2 cable and both signal/strength meters are fine also.

I have a horrible feeling this may be a return to supplier after the break. I have also experienced one horrendous lockup that required a couple of power cable out procedures to kick it back into life, which made me wonder about the HDD area used for Live TV FiFo recording.

Thanks for the speedy responses...

| Wed 26 Dec 2012 15:19:07 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

In settings Recording is Recording Buffer set to ON ?

From memory it takes about 30 sec or so after changing channels before live pause works

| Wed 26 Dec 2012 16:29:57 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

digitalmaster

I have just performed a reset to Factory Defaults, but still no Live TV controls. The Recording Buffer is set to ON, I have been looking at the "Disk Cleanup" option but the total lack of a meaningful manual is not helpful to understand some of these options.
    Will they ever produce a proper manual, I keep seeing promises but cannot seem to locate one, not even on their own site! (unless it is called something other than HDR-1000S?

| Thu 27 Dec 2012 0:14:44 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

digitalmaster

Finally sorted this issue out (unfortunately Humax were unable to help).

I first tried the "Disk Cleanup" option, even though there does not appear to be anyone who knows the consequences of doing this. Unfortunately it did not fix the lack of Live TV pausing for me but equally it did not lose any of my recordings (one for the manual if anyone ever writes one).

My final destructive act was to format the hard disk, on the basis that if I returned the machine I would lose my recordings anyway, this did the trick and I can now enjoy the full functionality of pausing, rewinding Live TV at last.

I suspect this may have gone wrong when my box had a major lock up in the first week which required many power lead out attempts to resurrect the system.

Fingers crossed the system will now behave...even the missed recording bug has gone away since I adopted the auto on at 05:00 and the auto off at 05:15 method described elsewhere on the Humax forums.

| Sun 6 Jan 2013 1:13:43 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

garethdphillips

I have experienced this, and reported it over at the freesat community forum last night. It seems to be intermittent for me, although I haven't invested much effort trying to replicate it in honestly.

I was watching itv 1 HD last night, and wanted to rewind an advert to try and recognise a song. Rewind didn't work,nor pause. I thought the box had stopped responding, but it let me change channel. When I went back to itv 1 HD, rewind and pause worked, so it's as if the previous time I was on the channel, the rewind buffer failed to initialise ?

| Sun 6 Jan 2013 15:52:22 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

expostie

Is it just me or is this a fault
    I grabbed the NEW app and I think after that my Pause or rewind of live TV does not work
    my hard drive is at 78% and do not want to format it to try the other workaround yet !!
    any one else had any problems
    I have the 500gb HDR 1000s

| Tue 28 Jan 2014 20:05:20 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

truckerbob

expostie - 1 hour ago  » 
    Is it just me or is this a fault
    I grabbed the NEW app and I think after that my Pause or rewind of live TV does not work
    my hard drive is at 78% and do not want to format it to try the other workaround yet !!
    any one else had any problems
    I have the 500gb HDR 1000s

There have been quite a few reports of problem with no pause or rewind of live tv since the last update on January 7th. I too have the same problem so informed Humax support and they offered reformating the hard drive as the solution. Humax, this is not a solution to fixing a major fault with a fundamental function of the box, but a kop out for not being bothered as it only "affects a few". There words not mine...

| Tue 28 Jan 2014 22:00:33 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.