My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Pausing live TV

(5 posts)
  1. MartinEH

MartinEH

I have just bought my FVP-5000t and have twice paused a live tv programme only to find that when that programme ends, I get bounced back into real time and I have lost the rest of the programme.

Can I prevent this happening? My previous box - DTRT-1000 allowed be to watch the whole evening timeslipped back 30 minutes with no loss.

| Tue 3 Nov 2020 18:43:07 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MartinEH - 18 mins ago  » 
    I have just bought my FVP-5000t and have twice paused a live tv programme only to find that when that programme ends, I get bounced back into real time and I have lost the rest of the programme.
    Can I prevent this happening? My previous box - DTRT-1000 allowed be to watch the whole evening timeslipped back 30 minutes with no loss.

If you are recording the programme. Watch the recording in chasing play back. Use the forward skip keys if getting close to real time. The forward skip default time of +2mins stops working if you have less than 2 mins of buffer left.

It's this behaviour that allows the box to make a complete recording of a programme already started.

Instead of pressing pause. press the red circle. It produces a recording. When you want to carry on viewing open the recording. Provided you don't drop back to live TV (use the skip keys) you can pause for as long as you need and will not lose the end.

| Tue 3 Nov 2020 19:04:12 #2 |
  3. MartinEH

MartinEH

I thought that the multiple tuners were there for this purpose.

| Tue 3 Nov 2020 21:31:15 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MartinEH - 14 mins ago  » 
    I thought that the multiple tuners were there for this purpose.

The box uses the same tuner for back to back recordings on the same channel.

The above works why not try it.

| Tue 3 Nov 2020 21:47:32 #4 |
  5. MartinEH

MartinEH

I certainly will. Many thanks.

| Tue 3 Nov 2020 22:18:47 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.