My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Permanent Deletion

(75 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill3579

I am relieved and delighted to tell you that the HDD passed the test with the remote via Settings.

If you wonder about the troubles with my network, when the HDR would not connect via ethernet, that was true even with the HDR connected to the router by a 1m cable. During the course of the repairs, the ethernet connection became active; it is now possible to connect through homeplugs with the HDR in the next room.

Let me repeat how deeply grateful I am to all who helped me. I really value the clarity of the advice and you patience in providing it.

| Tue 9 Feb 2016 13:51:30 #71 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

bill3579 - 11 hours ago  » 
    I hope someone familiar with linux syntax will create a module to execute the procedure for reading eight consecutive sectors, and overwriting any that return an error, starting from an input LBA. I taught myself to program in Visual Basic 6 about 20 years ago and, as I recall, it should not be very difficult.

Well if you fancy a challenge the full source of fix-disk is available to you at /bin/fix-disk
    I suspect the reason it hasn't been updated recently is that the author xyz321 has other things to do.

| Tue 9 Feb 2016 22:21:12 #72 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

bill3579 - 8 hours ago  » 
    If you wonder about the troubles with my network, when the HDR would not connect via ethernet, that was true even with the HDR connected to the router by a 1m cable. During the course of the repairs, the ethernet connection became active; it is now possible to connect through homeplugs with the HDR in the next room.

That is the bit I really struggle to understand. I can't see how a problem with the disk would affect the network connection; love to know what was going on.

| Tue 9 Feb 2016 22:22:51 #73 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill3579

If I find a cause for the network problem I will let you know.

I tried linux operating systems many years ago but I failed to get to grips with the syntax. Also, at the time, the frequent updates were more than enough for my primitive internet connection. Now, with FTTC broadband, it is so different.

I would like to take up the challenge to write a modification for fix disk, but I feel I should leave it for someone younger and fitter

| Wed 10 Feb 2016 7:46:00 #74 |
  5. af123

af123

Martin Liddle - 1 month ago  » 

bill3579 - 11 hours ago  » 
    I hope someone familiar with linux syntax will create a module to execute the procedure for reading eight consecutive sectors, and overwriting any that return an error, starting from an input LBA. I taught myself to program in Visual Basic 6 about 20 years ago and, as I recall, it should not be very difficult.

Well if you fancy a challenge the full source of fix-disk is available to you at /bin/fix-disk
    I suspect the reason it hasn't been updated recently is that the author xyz321 has other things to do.

Custom Firmware 3.10 has now been released which contains an updated fix-disk with this feature.

| Sun 13 Mar 2016 19:42:57 #75 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.