My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Picture Freeze - Machine Fault or Signal issue ?

(4 posts)
  1. EzioAlditore

EzioAlditore

I have a HDR 1800T and have recently been getting picture freeze. I've noticed that not all channels have the freeze at any one particular time. And it does seem that if I switch to channels on the same MUX I see the freeze but is OK on channels that are on a different MUX. Oh, and if I switch to the same channel direct on the TV I don't get any freeze and switching back to the HUMAX signal the freeze is still there.

What does this mean ? From checking this forum I have seen talk about being tuned to more than one transmitter. I did have some non-Crystal Palace MUX's tuned in, and I've now removed them, but have still since had the problem. What more can I do ? Is it faultly equipment or something I will have to live with ?

| Mon 20 Jun 2016 22:03:28 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

You say very little about how you have removed non Crystal Palace MUXs.

Try switching to a poorly received channel and then check which MUX it is on and that it really is Crystal Palace. You can do this this by looking at the signal strength display for the channel and checking that it matches the appropriate Crystal Palace UHF frequency number.
    MENU > Settings > System > Signal Detection
    The Channel number displayed should match the appropriate Crystal Palace channel that you are currently tuned to, which for Crystal Palace will be one of 22, 23, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 33 or 35.

Removing secondary channels manually can be very difficult compared to retuning to just one transmitter. Also it can leave channels you want up in the 800s or if you make a hash of it delete the channels you want leaving poorly receivable channels in the normal channel numbers.
    Why did you remove the channels instead of just retuning to one transmitter?

| Mon 20 Jun 2016 23:13:38 #2 |
  3. EzioAlditore

EzioAlditore

I'm really a bit ignorant about how everything was set up as all I did was follow the automatic process when I first switched on the machine. I can't remember if I was given a choice of transmitter or not, and I'm not sure how you tune to just one transmitter ?

OK, so doing MENU > Settings > System > Signal Detection > Channel I could see from the list that I had all those Crystal Palace numbers you listed, plus 48, 51 and 52.

So I went into MENU > Settings > Installation > Manual Search and for each of 48, 51 and 52 I started the manual scan, halted it immediately and saved the changes. As a result 48, 51 and 52 no longer appear in the MENU > Settings > System > Signal Detection > Channel list of possible numbers.

I had also checked if I had any 800 channel numbers prior to doing the above, but I did not.

When you ask, "Why did you remove the channels instead of just retuning to one transmitter?", all I did was remove those 48, 51 and 52 MUX's in the way I described - I didn't remove any channels individually. Hope this makes sense.

| Tue 21 Jun 2016 0:37:30 #3 |
  4. EzioAlditore

EzioAlditore

Since removing the 48, 51 and 52 Mux's thing have been settled down quite a lot. Prior to this I was getting picture freeze most nights, but now hardly any. Though thinking about it, I haven't watched much live TV lately - I tend to record first and watch at my convenience (mostly so I can FastForwrd the ads).

Do any other people suffer picture freeze ? The ariel goes to the Humax first and TV second if that has an effect ?

| Thu 30 Jun 2016 1:38:50 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.