My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

picture freezing

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

T100

Hi everyone just wondering if anyone has any ideas on picture freezing I seem to experience it quite often signal strength is around 48% and picture quality 70% to 100% It will also freeze occasionally when adjusting the volume and displaying the epg many thanks Kevin

| Sun 1 Oct 2017 12:01:13 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Guessing your signal is so marginal it sometimes goes over the digital cliff and your tuners lose signal lock.

Probably best to look at your existing aerial and cabling assuming you aren't on a communal system.

In order that we can help more need to get an idea as to your best transmitter and reception conditions.

Can you use the DTG reception predictor and tick the detailed view and ideally use the prt sc button to grab a image and post it (or photograph your PC screen).

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/about_the_coverage_checker

| Sun 1 Oct 2017 12:13:11 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

KayCS

I was getting the one or two second freezing yesterday and although nothing has changed in the setup this is something I seem to suffer from from time to time. It will be OK now for a month or so then I might have another few days of mini freezes.

I just put it down to a PVR that struggles to keep up.

| Mon 2 Oct 2017 11:36:30 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

KayCS - 5 minutes ago  » 
    I was getting the one or two second freezing yesterday and although nothing has changed in the setup this is something I seem to suffer from from time to time. It will be OK now for a month or so then I might have another few days of mini freezes.

If your TV reception is weak under high pressure conditions transmitters normally out of range using the same UHF carrier channels can knock out your signals. When it's happening does your signal quality in diagnostics vary a lot ? The fact that your quality isn't 100% indicates the box is having use a lot of Freeviews built in error correction.

| Mon 2 Oct 2017 11:44:59 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

grahamlthompson - 37 minutes ago  » 

KayCS - 5 minutes ago  » 

If your TV reception is weak under high pressure conditions transmitters normally out of range using the same UHF carrier channels can knock out your signals. When it's happening does your signal quality in diagnostics vary a lot ? The fact that your quality isn't 100% indicates the box is having use a lot of Freeviews built in error correction.

KayCS is the same person as the original person who asked the question. I can't see where KayCS has said that the quality isn't 100%. On another thread KayCS has tried to cure the multiple transmitter issue by using an alternator when tuning. Which, as many of us already know, isn't as guaranteed as manually tuning in such a way to tune into the strongest transmitter, although for some it will be quicker and easier.

@T100
    To get this discussion back to your particular issue when you have the time could you post an answer to Graham's question first reply on this thread. I.e.

grahamlthompson - 1 day ago  » 
    Can you use the DTG reception predictor and tick the detailed view and ideally use the prt sc button to grab a image and post it (or photograph your PC screen).
    http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/about_the_coverage_checker

@KaySC
    On this occasion it could get very confusing for everyone if you use T100's thread to discuss your issue, even if they have similar causes.
    Reading your other posts you additionally have missed recordings and gaps in your epg unless you switch to watch specific channels, which is a great big pointer to your tuning being off. May I suggest starting off a fresh thread for yourself rather than using T100's or one of your previous ones and giving all your symptoms in one place, as well as any personal transmitter and any tuning details that you can think of so it is all in one thread and just about you?

| Mon 2 Oct 2017 12:38:35 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

T100

Thanks for the replies I had kind of thought it was a reception issue as I live on the outer limits of the Tacolneston transmitter Because it was happening as well when I adjusted the volume or displayed the epg I just wondered if there was anything else to consider it is only about a second of freeze so it's not to inconvenient I will take a look at aerial and cabling thanks again

| Tue 3 Oct 2017 8:58:15 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

T100 - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the replies I had kind of thought it was a reception issue as I live on the outer limits of the Tacolneston transmitter Because it was happening as well when I adjusted the volume or displayed the epg I just wondered if there was anything else to consider it is only about a second of freeze so it's not to inconvenient I will take a look at aerial and cabling thanks again

You haven't by any chance got trees close to you in the transmitter direction ? If so does the issue get worse when it's windy ?

| Tue 3 Oct 2017 9:07:52 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

T100

Hi Graham have replaced cable from aerial to box and fitted a masthead amp and signal and quality is now up to 100% not long lived here and signal was okay after fitting a high gain aerial should have replaced the cable at that time anyway many thanks for replying

| Wed 4 Oct 2017 19:25:17 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

KayCS

@Luke

I’m not using T100 thread to discuss my problem but simply saying I had picture stuttering and freezing the day before T100 thread so just saying.

In future I will keep my trap closed, also I don’t recall saying I’ve missed recording or the EPG.

BTW all channels tuned to one transmitter now and have been since GT’s recommendation back then.

| Sat 7 Oct 2017 13:53:25 #9 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

KayCS - 1 hour ago  » 
    In future I will keep my trap closed, also I don’t recall saying I’ve missed recording or the EPG.

Please don't - the only persons criticising you need take note of are admins

| Sat 7 Oct 2017 15:16:02 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.