My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Picture quality?

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrisvesey

Hi,
    I purchased an HDI Fox T 2 yesterday and have connected it to my Panasonic Viera TX-L32G10B and although I initially used the HDMI lead I found that the picture quality was not as good through the Fox as without it, also the sound had to be set really high for the same volume. I have now changed to the scart lead and have connected the aerial out to the TV so that the TV can be used with the Fox in standby. Any ideas on improving picture quality would be appreciated, I have tried 1080 I and P no improvement,
    Regards,
    Chris

| Fri 8 Mar 2013 15:07:53 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

chrisvesey - 55 minutes ago  » 
    I purchased an HDI Fox T 2 yesterday and have connected it to my Panasonic Viera TX-L32G10B and although I initially used the HDMI lead I found that the picture quality was not as good through the Fox as without it, also the sound had to be set really high for the same volume.

Odd. Panasonics have, I think, picture quality settings for each input source. Did you adjust the settings on the TV for the HDMI port you used? It is quite normal to have the volume on the Humax set to near maximum; it is the way all Humax kit I have used seems to be designed to work.

| Fri 8 Mar 2013 16:06:26 #2 |
  3. athomson

athomson

special member

I have an oldish sony TV that only copes with 1080i and not 1080p and to me I can hardly see a difference between SD and HD. My signal strenth is 75-85% and the quality is 100% what do you get? As for sound I have my Humax turned up full and use the TV to change the volume. I use a HMMI lead, just a £2 not anything fancy.

Andy

| Fri 8 Mar 2013 17:09:16 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrisvesey

Hi,
    Thanks for the replies, will have a fiddle and play when I feel inclined, see if I can find out setting up the hdmi input on the panasonic,
    Regards,
    Chris

| Fri 8 Mar 2013 17:45:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrisvesey

Hi,
    I GIVE UP, watching tv with fox on standby, picture starts breaking up...switch on fox, 10 mins later picture colour keeps altering. Switch all off, plug aerial into TV no problem. Put it all back in the box and take it back on monday "rejected as ubfit for purpose"
    Tell me honestly, is this a one off, these scored well on the which report so I bought one but I don't know if I want another,
    Regards,
    Chris

| Fri 8 Mar 2013 20:19:42 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

chrisvesey - 1 hour ago  » 
    Tell me honestly, is this a one off, these scored well on the which report so I bought one but I don't know if I want another,

These are very good PVRs that don't give many problems. I suspect you have been unlucky.

| Fri 8 Mar 2013 22:12:35 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

chrisvesey - 2 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    I GIVE UP, watching tv with fox on standby, picture starts breaking up...switch on fox, 10 mins later picture colour keeps altering. Switch all off, plug aerial into TV no problem. Put it all back in the box and take it back on monday "rejected as ubfit for purpose"
    Regards,
    Chris

Turn off the power saving in sby option.

| Fri 8 Mar 2013 22:54:23 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrisvesey

Hi,
    I had turned off the power saving when I found I could not watch with the pvr in standby,the other problems occured after, all I really want to do is record the odd program and I'm not really interested in all the other "features" and when I hear of people downloading auto updates and everything freezing etc I start to worry,
    Regards,
    Chris
    ps signal strength and quality are good

| Sat 9 Mar 2013 10:00:38 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

chrisvesey - 51 minutes ago  » 
    when I hear of people downloading auto updates and everything freezing etc I start to worry,

I don't recollect reports like that related to the HDR-FOX T2; don't get confused by people discussing other less mature boxes.

ps signal strength and quality are good

Could you quote numbers for signal strength and quality as reported by the Humax?

| Sat 9 Mar 2013 10:54:27 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrisvesey

Hi,
    Can't give you actual figures as its back in its box but as I recall strebgth was 100% and quality was 80%. Panasonic gives signal strength 10 out of 10, I'll let you know what happens,
    Regards,
    Chris

| Sat 9 Mar 2013 19:07:50 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.