My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Picture quality?

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

chrisvesey - 30 minutes ago  » 
    Hi,
    Can't give you actual figures as its back in its box but as I recall strebgth was 100% and quality was 80%.
    Regards,
    Chris

When the signel is too strong the Humax shows a strength of 100%. This will be a direct cause of the quality not being 100%

| Sat 9 Mar 2013 19:43:32 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Luke - 42 minutes ago  » 

chrisvesey - 30 minutes ago  » 
    but as I recall strebgth was 100% and quality was 80%.

When the signel is too strong the Humax shows a strength of 100%. This will be a direct cause of the quality not being 100%

I agree with Chris, if the signal strength is 100% then it is too high; the Humax slightly boosts the signal which may explain the problems you had with the TV. Do you have an aerial amplifier or are you very close to a transmitter? With digital TV the signal strength is not as important as with analogue. Once you have 100% quality there will be no further improvement in the picture with increase in strength. I would suggest 50% signal strength is more than adequate; in our location with direct line of sight to a transmitter 30% signal strength is adequate.

| Sat 9 Mar 2013 21:07:52 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrisvesey

Hi,
    I do not have an aerial amplifier and I fail to understand how a 2 year old Panasonic can have a perfect picture etc. and yet the Humax cannot cope. Am I expected to somehow reduce the signal strength?
    Chris

| Sun 10 Mar 2013 18:00:39 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

chrisvesey - 9 minutes ago  » 
    I do not have an aerial amplifier and I fail to understand how a 2 year old Panasonic can have a perfect picture etc. and yet the Humax cannot cope.

The Humax has a more sensitive tuner so that people in marginal areas can receive Freeview. The fact that you started to get problems on the Panasonic when fed from the Humax,when there will be a small amount of amplification, suggests the Panasonic is also near to its limit.

Am I expected to somehow reduce the signal strength?

The usual fix is to fit an attenuator such as Link to eBay seller You didn't answer my question about your proximity to a transmitter?

| Sun 10 Mar 2013 19:09:50 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.