My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

picture size on hdmi

(32 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

marymarymary - 2 hours ago  » 
    I am thinking of buying a freesat freetime I have a free view with you view which is faulty and has to be returned.It was driving me crazy with the picture size on some programs. I contacted Humax and they said it can't be changed unless I can change it with the tv which I can't.My tv won't change size in grim. Humax said if I buy the freesat freetime I can adjust the picture on the box

I'm surprised Humax suggested a Freesat box. You would think they'd point you towards the HDR-2000T, which is their current Freeview model. Assuming the HDR-2000T has the picture adjustment options you're looking for, that is.

| Sat 27 Dec 2014 20:36:43 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

marymarymary

PS don't stop helping I don't know where to turn for information except here I have googled every combination of questions I can think of about this.It hasn't worked. Mary

| Sat 27 Dec 2014 20:38:56 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

marymarymary

Maybe because of the freetime I don't know I wanted the catch up features. Mary

| Sat 27 Dec 2014 20:43:28 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Mary, please would you give a couple of different examples of a specific programme and the channel that it is broadcast on where the aspect ratio is not ideal.

| Sat 27 Dec 2014 20:43:59 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

marymarymary

| Sat 27 Dec 2014 20:44:40 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

marymarymary

Yes 5 USA itv 3 reality really judge Judy ect it's a big screen so it looks awful I can't stand to watch it,and I don't think I can give up Judge Judy.

| Sat 27 Dec 2014 20:50:14 #16 |
  7. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

marymarymary - 28 minutes ago  » 
    Yes 5 USA itv 3 reality really judge Judy ect it's a big screen so it looks awful I can't stand to watch it,and I don't think I can give up Judge Judy.

With a Freetime box if you go to Settings, Picture & Sound and change Display Format to Anamorphic, that should resolve your issue.

| Sat 27 Dec 2014 21:20:01 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

marymarymary - 34 minutes ago  » 

The catchup and on-demand features on the Freetime boxes aren't the same as YouView catchup and on-demand. Yesterday and Dave, for instance - these channels aren't on Freesat, so they're not available on the Freetime boxes, either live or on-demand.

What is the fault for which the YouView box is being returned? Is it being replaced?

| Sat 27 Dec 2014 21:36:43 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

marymarymary

That choice is not there

| Sat 27 Dec 2014 21:38:39 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

marymarymary

The fault is it keeps playing after it's turned off.

| Sat 27 Dec 2014 21:41:44 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.