My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

picture size on hdmi

(32 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

marymarymary - 14 minutes ago  » 
    The fault is it keeps playing after it's turned off.

Sorry but I'm afraid I don't understand. Does it fail to respond to the remote when you try to put it into standby?

I'm just wondering if the Freesat box is going to be in addition to a replacement YouView box (in which case you'll have all the catchup you're used to but some programmes may still not be in the format you prefer)

Or is the Freesat box going to replace the YouView box (in which case you'll be able to adjust the picture format but the range of available content will be rather different from YouView.)

In either case, as you're probably aware, you'll need a satellite dish for the Freesat box.

| Sat 27 Dec 2014 22:08:17 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

marymarymary

The freesat would be a replacement and the you view keeps playing after it's turned off.So if I get the freesat freetime I will be able to change the picture size I know it doesn't have the same channels. But it has the same number of channels I think.Thanks

| Sat 27 Dec 2014 22:43:12 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

marymarymary

The freesat would be a replacement and the you view keeps playing after it's turned off.So if I get the freesat freetime I will be able to change the picture size I know it doesn't have the same channels. But it has the same number of channels I think.Thanks
    .I meant will I be able to change the picture size ? that's what I want to know

| Sat 27 Dec 2014 22:45:08 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

marymarymary - 18 minutes ago  » 
    .I meant will I be able to change the picture size ? that's what I want to know

Haven't tried it myself. Gonzo has given advice above, see
    http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/picture-size-on-hdmi/page/2#post-33739

Good luck.

| Sat 27 Dec 2014 23:08:14 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

marymarymary

Thank you everybody for your help I really appreciate it.I still don't know what I am going to do.I am fairly certain going on what Gonzo said that the freetime will be suitable.I also went on Samsung website and that was no help either.It seems it definitely can't be done via the TV. I will contact Humax again and try and get definate information.I don't trust the people answering the phones know or have the answers to these questions.This is why I came on here I was hoping to speak with an owner of a freetime and clarify if the picture size could be changed. I can't find this information on the website or on the website of any of the retailers selling them is many less channels? and which ones are missing. I am very grateful to all of you who took the trouble to try to help me with this you are all very kind.I am not good with this stuff I just know what I want and I should be able to pick up the phone and get this information or read it on a website.But no I can't find a retailer with this information.

| Sun 28 Dec 2014 9:05:31 #25 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

It would be helpful if you could post the model number of TV so user manual can be checked for guidance.

| Sun 28 Dec 2014 9:12:36 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

marymarymary

I can't get at the back of the TV it's a series 6 54 inch Seven and a half years old.The book says you can't change picture on hdmi only on extension 1and 2 I looked on their website and couldn't find anything there either there was another query like which got fixed but I couldn't find out how.When I tried they made me join something I think it's cnet and that led to trying to sell stuff.

| Sun 28 Dec 2014 10:12:38 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

marymarymary - 2 hours ago  » 
    ...is many less channels? and which ones are missing.

See
    http://www.freesat.co.uk/channels
    for list of channels, catchup, and on-demand available through Freetime boxes.

| Sun 28 Dec 2014 11:46:48 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

On the HDR-2000T I find that the aspect ratio for widescreen TVs is more stable than the HDR-fox T2 for coping with viewing widescreen broadcasts and an ideal zoom of 4:3 if you don't want the black areas on 4:3 broadcasts.

Setup:
    HDR-2000T connected to widescreen TV via HDMI.
    HDR-2000T menu setup for 16:9 TV + zoom.
    TV setup to not change aspect ratio or zoom or shrink.

While watching a widescreen programme the 'zoom' of the HDR-2000T has no effect and the full widescreen picture is correctly displayed on the widescreen TV screen.
    While watching a 4:3 programme (i.e. the equivalent of JudgeJudy) the 'zoom' increases the size of the picture so that the picture left and right edges touch the side of the widescreen TV. Perfect for no black areas on the screen and the minimum of quality loss. I've had some equipment that is not stable one it reaches the adverts and comes out the other side but with teh HDR-2000T the adverts are displayed fine on widescreen and the resuming progamme restarts with the ideal level of zoom.

Based on just coping with the different aspect ratios I would peronally go for the HDR-1800T as that has a 'wide' button should there be a programme where something else is required.

marymarymary - 22 hours ago  » 
    Thanks but then you lose the picture quality but also a nuisance to have to keep changing over or can you use both at the same time.As this has to go back anyway I was told by Humax that this problem could be overcome by buying the freesat freetime 1 tb.

Mary, please would you confirm what you are after? When watching JudgeJudy (for example) are you wanting to fill in the black areas on the left and right of your TV screen with additional picture, or are you hoping to zoom in an appropriate amount?

| Sun 28 Dec 2014 19:37:31 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

marymarymary

Thanks Luke for that excellent advice I am going to print them all out I am very glad I looked around the internet and found this brilliant website.I just didn't trust the person on the phone at Humax knew what he was talking about.He just said buy the freesat freetime 1010s 1tb.I am going to go back to scratch and look at your one.I am not technical person and I have been caught out before listening to the sellers.I found out the hard way and expensive way you have to try and find out for yourself.I have been reading what everybody has said.I didn't know the first thing about ratios a couple of weeks ago except that I have them on my ancient freeview box and the TV.I can't thank you enough for your brilliant advice.Kind regards Mary

| Mon 29 Dec 2014 11:00:38 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.