My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Pink screen, small fonts sometimes won't respond

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sharpy

My HDR 1000S, suffering a pink screen with small fonts quite regular now, had the box just over 2 years. Also sometimes un responsive to the remote. Is there a solution to sort this?
    Thanks
    Sharpy

| Sun 19 Apr 2015 15:54:48 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The pink sounds like a defective video connection. Check leads are well seated at both ends. If you have a SCART lead verify if the problem exists with SCART or not.

Re: Font - Possibly check TV and HDR-1000S video settings are compatible - especially resolution.

| Sun 19 Apr 2015 16:39:12 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sharpy

All leads are HDMI and connect direct to TV

| Sun 19 Apr 2015 16:52:07 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Sharpy - 5 minutes ago  » 
    All leads are HDMI and connect direct to TV

Perhaps I did not express myself well. I meant to say if you are using HDMI check the leads at both ends and also see if the colour problem exists with SCART.

| Sun 19 Apr 2015 16:59:32 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sharpy

Ok sorry yes, leads are ok. The problem is intermittent, the tv is new, the old tv was connected with scart leads when the problem started and its carried on the fault to the new tv. I've re set the box, the only solution found is to switch everything off. I don't suppose its too much of a big thing (hope) its just annoying and hopefully not the start of more problems. Its my 2nd box. Just wondered if it was something experienced by other users and what the cure was, if anything. Thanks.

| Sun 19 Apr 2015 18:13:00 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Sharpy - 1 hour ago  » 
    Ok sorry yes, leads are ok. The problem is intermittent, the tv is new, the old tv was connected with scart leads when the problem started and its carried on the fault to the new tv. I've re set the box, the only solution found is to switch everything off. I don't suppose its too much of a big thing (hope) its just annoying and hopefully not the start of more problems. Its my 2nd box. Just wondered if it was something experienced by other users and what the cure was, if anything. Thanks.

More details on problem frequency might help. Please also post model of TV. I do not really have a clue about your problem - You are the first to post "Pink" picture problems.

| Sun 19 Apr 2015 19:29:10 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sharpy

Maybe once or twice a week this happens. I've switched off everything at night and also left it on, no difference.

The first TV was a Toshiba HD when the problem started, my current one is a Samsung UHD smart. Both with built in Freeview which was never a problem. My own view is that its a problem with the box something not quite connecting properly booting up?

| Tue 21 Apr 2015 10:45:27 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

banjaxed

I have a similar problem. I get pink screen and no sound. If I unplug the Humax box and plug in again it plays the logo in full colour - displays "Starting" then goes black. I then press the start button and it starts up completely but with the colours wrong (pink again) as if a gun is missing. Unplug and plug in again and its totally repeatable. This suggests to me HDMI cable connection i8s OK because it shows all colours on power up - but then fails to show all colours when box finally starts up.

| Thu 30 Apr 2015 21:09:37 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Try changing the Humax output resolution

Settings
    Picture & sound
    Resolution

| Thu 30 Apr 2015 23:00:12 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

banjaxed

Thanks. I see the sense in that suggestion - and this did occur just after I had tried the unit with a different TV.

However the resolution setting is greyed out (well 'pinked' out on my screen) so it won't let me change it. It was still set at 1080p which the TV is OK for. So I tried a factory settings reset - the logo came up in beautiful full colour again but when it started we were back with the pink colours and the resolution option was still not available - now it is set to 1080i.

| Fri 1 May 2015 10:42:27 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.