My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Pixelation and blank screens

(3 posts)
  1. colinwavell

colinwavell

I'm experiencing several problems with my new HDR FOX T2. It worked prfectly for the first two weeks. Now when watching recordings I get glitches. Black screen then error message Channel is un available or scrambled. The recording cuts back in with no gap. If I rewind and replay the recording is OK. This happens quite frequently. We also get sudden pixelation and an unrecoverable gap occasionally. The third problem is that at times the machine freezes usually when using the remote and the only way to recover is to turn off the power by the rear switch and restart. Do I have a faulty machine? .....do i need to return it for exchange? is there something i can do to correct these faults. They don't happen when watching live TV

| Fri 2 Dec 2011 1:19:15 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

TeeJay

Hi Colin. Apart from your remote problem, I am getting EXACTLY the same as you. I have a 1Tb box, and this issue has started to happen quite frequently. Last night it was every few minutes! The screen goes black, but the box appears to continue to "play" as the message remains scrolling on the front of the box.

Like you, I've found that if you wait a minute or so, the screen finally shows "Channel unavailable or scrambled" then the program returns with no break in the playback(!?) If I rewind and play the segment again it plays fine.

I don't particularly want to send this unit back as I've heard that Humax simply replace returns with recon boxes!. I'm hoping that someone can add something further.

| Wed 18 Jan 2012 21:15:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

TeeJay

UPDATE: The issues outlined above were getting worse by the day, hardly 10 mins would go by without the screen going black and us having to wait a minute or so for the pic to return (exactly where it left off) - during which time the remote didn't respond, yet the panel on the front of the box continued to scroll the program details. OR, we found the picture would pixelate and jump forward a couple of minutes - invariably at a critical point in the program!

However, a couple of days ago I decided to re-install software version 1.01.09 - and since then, we have had NO PROBLEMS AT ALL! Even the recordings made with version 1.02.20 appear to play with no pixelation - and certainly no blank screens.

I will leave it and see how it goes over the next couple of days then possibly put version 1.02.20 back and try that again.

| Tue 31 Jan 2012 9:19:34 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.