My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Pixelation problem

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

killwilly

I bought my FOX T2 earlier this year and have found it brilliant. However, I have noticed when viewing Freeview channel 12 (Yesterday) through the recorder, I get a lot of pixelation and a general breakup of the picture. This can not be an aerial/reception problem, because when watched through just the TV the picture is perfect. I should add, this only happens on this one channel.

Anyone any idea what is causing this problem and what I can do to resolve the issue?

| Fri 4 May 2012 9:59:10 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Do the other channels on the same mux eg Film4 ITV4 exhibit the same symptoms.

Is the aerial routed through the HDR to the TV ?

Are you in an area that has undergone DSO ?

What signal strength and quality does the HDR say you have using diagnostics for the 5 SD mux (6 pre DSO) ?

| Fri 4 May 2012 10:07:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

killwilly

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

1. I have no problems viewing, or recording any other channels,Film4, ITV4.

2. Yes the aerial is routed through the recorder to the TV.

3. We went through DSO earlier this year. However, I did have a notice pop-up last night saying that I might have to do a re-tune on the 11th May, if any channels are lost.

4. Will have to check signal strength later, but I can get a great picture on all HD channels. It appears that it is only freeview 12 that is a problem.

I can watch channel 12 live without issue, but it is a channel I like to record for later viewing, this is when I have the problem.

If it is any help. I am tuned to the Waltham, East Midlands transmitter, 54km distance. My post code is PE12.

| Fri 4 May 2012 11:27:28 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

This is extremely odd. The other channels form part of the same mux so as you say it can't be a reception issue. I will try and record some content using my HD FOX T2 to see if I can repeat the issue.

EDIT

Recorded about 5 minutes and replayed without issue. At a loss to explain

| Fri 4 May 2012 12:05:21 #4 |
  5. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

@killwilly: Do you have channels in the 800+ range on your HDR?

| Fri 4 May 2012 12:48:09 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

killwilly

Yes, the channels do go up as high as 1102, but some are repeated and about 10% above 800 are blank, IE, the number is on the guide, but no information.

Would it be possible to use another channel to record "Yesterday", but not quite sure how I would find it?

| Fri 4 May 2012 13:50:08 #6 |
  7. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

Looks like your HDR is picking up signals from more than one transmitter.

Check out my blog post on the HD here: http://myhumax.org/blog/?cat=26

Under the heading 'Weak Signals' you find instructions on how to tune into the strongest transmitter which will stop the pixelation.

| Fri 4 May 2012 13:55:30 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

killwilly

Firstly, I owe you guys an apology for any confusion I might have caused. After further investigation, it would appear that I do have the same problem with Film4 and ITV4.

I have read the blog post by son_t, but can't quite work out which channel I should change. son_t, how did you work out that you needed to use channel 57 and which channel did you substitute?

Sorry if I appear stupid, but electronics have never been my strong point.

| Sat 5 May 2012 13:54:55 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

killwilly - 11 minutes ago  » 
    I have read the blog post by son_t, but can't quite work out which channel I should change. son_t, how did you work out that you needed to use channel 57 and which channel did you substitute?

Does this help http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/transmitters#post-2336 ?

| Sat 5 May 2012 14:07:29 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Goto this website and enter your postcode and tick I am in the trade.

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/postcodechecker/

This will list transmitters you can use and the 5 SD and one HD UHF channels used for the multiplexes.

Thanks for clarifying, it was puzzling the hell out of me why the other channels weren't affected. All the ones with the right local channel numbers must have come from the same transmitter.

| Sat 5 May 2012 14:08:54 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.