My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Playback freezing

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

chemblue

Hi

My FOXSAT HD Recorder was freezing during playback and resulting in the remote not working. I was advised to do a factory reset and delete the hard drive, which I did, approximately 3 weeks ago.

My hard drive is now at 43% and it has started freezing again.

Any suggestions.

| Fri 12 Jul 2013 19:08:01 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Guessing you have a Foxsat-HDR as the Foxsat-HD can't record. Best guess is it needs a new hard drive.

Admin edit: moved HDR sub forum

| Fri 12 Jul 2013 21:26:17 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

chemblue

Would it be cheaper to replace the machine rather than the hard drive and if not is it easy enough to replace and where would I obtain one from?

Thanking you.

| Fri 12 Jul 2013 21:45:34 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Changing the hard drive is very simple. You need a AV type drive and if it's the latest spec like this one to fit a jumper on pins 5 and 6.

They cost about £60.00

eg

http://www.shop.bt.com/products/wd-1tb-av-gp-sata-6gb-s-3-5--64mb-hard-drive-8BKQ.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc%20product%20search&utm_content=RR00&origin=pla

The big advantage is that you may be able to recover some or all of your existing recordings and copy them back to the new hard disk. A new machine won't play back your existing HD recordings as they a machine specific encrypted.

There's lots of instructions on the net, simply Google Foxsat-hdr drive upgrade.

Stick to 1TB max as the box won't set up larger than 1TB automatically. After installing the drive you may wish to re-partition it by selecting to format both the video and music/jpeg partitions. If you don't use the music/photo partition much you can maximise space for video storage by reducing the size of the photo bit (min 1GB)

| Sat 13 Jul 2013 9:55:01 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.