My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

playback on iPad

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Doubledrat

Hi All

I've installed Radon's media extensions (brilliant by the way). I've managed to get playback to work on my android, but can't seem to find a working combination for ipad. I've tried all the free players and they didn't work. I even bought one of the paid ones on spec hoping it would work but it didn't, so I aint doing that again until I'm sure!

I'm running media tomb because twonky says it needs a serial number, but again, I don't want to pay for a licence just to find it won't work.

can anyone point me in the right direction for a solution that works with both android & iOS?

cheers

| Wed 12 Dec 2012 10:36:07 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

zeke

Chances are you'd need to transcode or at the very least remux the TS files the Humax box creates - non-jailbroken Apple iOS devices are notoriously fussy about which formats they will play, in my limited experience. Android, of course, has no such limitation and you're usually just limited by the processing power of the Android device.

| Wed 12 Dec 2012 20:34:15 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Poundbury

Try Buzz Player for iPad. Works for me. Allows you to browse the HDR and play .TS files just fine. I don'know about Android though...
    (I have no affiliation with the App).

| Sun 16 Dec 2012 14:53:11 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.