My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Playing edited HDVideo on Foxsat

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mwyatt

Hi everybody, I have a problem that I am sure sombody has come across. I have taken some HD camcorder footage and edited it on a PC, saving the end result as HD video in AVCHD format. Using MeGui and AV2HDR I have managed to get the 3 files on to the Humax HDD in the correct accepted format. BUT when I come to play the video it says "This is scrambled or not available". Any body have any ideas what I can do next please.
    Best regards to all for the excellent addons so far.
    Martin.

| Sat 3 Nov 2012 23:14:03 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try opening the AVCHD source file using TSmuxergui and remux to .ts format. Use this with AV2HDR. You may be able to simply change the file extention on the AVCHD file (.mts or .m2ts) to .ts.

| Sat 3 Nov 2012 23:28:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mwyatt

Hi Graham, thanks for your reply. I have tried TSmuxergui, but I end up at the same place, ie "this is scrambled or not available". The file plays OK in the video editor and outputs to DVD's ok, any other suggestions? PS the file is only 1min 58secs, but is 345Mb in length!
    Best regards, Martin.

| Sun 4 Nov 2012 10:59:34 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mwyatt

I have found a workaround of sorts. I burnt the end result of the video editing to a DVD, that works OK. Then I copied the DVD files back to a new folder on the PC and, using AV2HDR, I can get the Humax to recognise and play the video.
    I think the actual original problem lies in the fact that the original video is in HD, and Humax seems "unwilling" to accept unencoded HD video from a computer. That's only a guess, has any body else got any ideas?
    Martin.

| Mon 5 Nov 2012 9:36:23 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

No problem with using AVCHD content from my camcorder (1920 x 1080 interlaced 17Mbps).

Can you open a clip with mediainfo and post the tree view to see what the source footage actually is.

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en/Download

You can in fact burn AVCHD to DVD blanks in full-HD and play back using a PS3 or BD player. (about 30 minutes for single layer blank)

| Mon 5 Nov 2012 10:07:39 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

mwyatt

Hii again Graham, thanks for your reply.
    Oddly enough I was doing exactly as you suggested, I have managed to burn an AVCHD from the video editor. Then copy those files back to the computer and use AV2HDR from there. This gives me HD on the Humax HDD. I think the limitation is in the video editor (Corel VideoStudio Pro X5 Ultimate), It has wonderful facilities but was never really designed to handle AVCHD, that has been added as an afterthought.
    Many thanks for your time and effort, onward to the next obstacle !!!!!!

| Mon 5 Nov 2012 11:54:19 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.