My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Playing HD content on Win 7 PC

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

fishphone

This is my first post having just joined the forums. I have a new Fox T2 HDR and have spent much time messing about with the various options for getting recorded content off the T2 onto a PC. Tried all the various formats (NTFS/FAT/EXT3) using an additional external drive and then found out about the FTP method which has enabled me to simply copy directly off the internal hard drive straight to my Windows 7 PC. However despite going through the removal of the Encryption flag in the hmt file using Foxy I cannot get the associated ts file to play in either Media Player, VLC, or Splash Lite on the PC. Am I missing something fundamental here as each time I try to play the ts file the player just freezes every time.

| Tue 14 Feb 2012 22:12:51 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

fishphone - 20 minutes ago  » 
    Am I missing something fundamental here as each time I try to play the ts file the player just freezes every time.

Yes you are missing something fundamental. Removing the encryption flag does not decrypt the file, it just means that it is possible to decrypt. You still need to do a copy to USB storage or one of the methods provided by the user community firmware.

| Tue 14 Feb 2012 22:35:15 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

fishphone

Thanks Martin

Thought it was too good to be true just using the FTP method. At least I can store stuff off the internal drive until its needed again!!! Time to get the Linux PC back on again then!!!

| Tue 14 Feb 2012 22:52:51 #3 |
  4. rkm_hm

Watt Tyler

fishphone - 16 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks Martin
    Thought it was too good to be true just using the FTP method. At least I can store stuff off the internal drive until its needed again!!! Time to get the Linux PC back on again then!!!

If you plug a thumb drive (or, better still, an external HD) into one of the USB ports, you can use the remote to copy the file from the internal HD onto the USB drive, having first removed the encrypion flag. You can then FTP the file to your PC from the USB device, and it should play ok.

| Tue 14 Feb 2012 23:13:35 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.