My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Playing HD recordings on iPhone/iPad

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

pgh1949

Second question about my new toy. I've been using the IOS App "Live TV" and while it works well and is a nice extra I find I can't view HD recordings. I get the error "Cannot play DTCP files on mobile device". I'm assuming this is because they are encrypted but is there any way around it?

| Mon 30 Nov 2015 11:26:27 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

pgh1949

I now find I can't view ANY recordings, including SD ones (on Dave). Whenever I try to play them on either my iPad or iPhone I get the error "Unknown error 12 Dave"

Dave is on Channel 12 hence the second part of the message. I've tried other SD channels and get similar messages. Any idea what's going on?

| Wed 9 Dec 2015 10:08:00 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

To answer your original question which was missed, you cannot stream HD content.

Second post:

Just tried on android device Dave both live and recorded are working ok.

1. In Network Settings check network status.

2. Try switching the network server off/on in network settings.

Edit:

Will check an ios device shortly.

Edit 2:

Whilst I can stream live tv to ipad using Humax live tv app, I cannot find a way to stream recorded via Humax media player, all recordings are 'greyed out'

| Wed 9 Dec 2015 10:43:15 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

pgh1949

Thanks for that. OK, I checked the server, which was on. I turned it off and back on again and the unknown errors were still there. I dug out an old Android tablet and installed the Live TV app on it and yet again I got the same error. So it's clear that the problem is with the Humax.

I've checked it has the latest firmware. I've unplugged it and started again with no effect. I guess the only remaining option is to do a factory reset which I' reluctant to do as I expect I'll lose all my recordings and schedules. However if there's no other suggestions I guess that's what I'll have to do.

| Wed 9 Dec 2015 12:04:04 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

pgh1949 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for that. OK, I checked the server, which was on. I turned it off and back on again and the unknown errors were still there. I dug out an old Android tablet and installed the Live TV app on it and yet again I got the same error. So it's clear that the problem is with the Humax.
    I've checked it has the latest firmware. I've unplugged it and started again with no effect. I guess the only remaining option is to do a factory reset which I' reluctant to do as I expect I'll lose all my recordings and schedules. However if there's no other suggestions I guess that's what I'll have to do.

Reset will lose your recording schedule but will not delete existing recordings.

| Wed 9 Dec 2015 14:09:56 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

dpshopping65

I have just bought a Humax FVP-5000T Freeview Play Recorder. I have also set up the LiveTV App on my iPhone.

However, when I try to play recordings on my iPhone I get the following message: "Cannot play DTCP files on mobile."

What can I do so that I can play these files on my mobile?

Thank you

| Tue 12 Feb 2019 16:21:00 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

dpshopping65@hotmail.com - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have also set up the LiveTV App on my iPhone.
    However, when I try to play recordings on my iPhone I get the following message: "Cannot play DTCP files on mobile."

DTCP is the encryption used to protect HD recordings. Is it HD recordings you are trying to play? Do SD recordings work?

| Tue 12 Feb 2019 17:32:41 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.