My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

playing media files from USB stick

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dillywodd

I put media files in a folder and in order on a memory stick using my computer, this is because I want them to play in the correct order on my 4000T PVR.

However when I put the memory stick in my 4000T PVR, the folder and the files are there and play perfectly, but the files are jumbled up and not in the order I placed them on my computer.

I have tried various numbering and lettering formats, but the files will not go in order on the 4000T.

Does anyone know how I can number or name the files so I can get them in the correct order of play, I have contacted Humax UK, but their message was most confusing, so I don't think they know either.

| Thu 1 Sep 2016 10:09:01 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bitterman

special member

Unfortunately the FVP has a mind of its own. Files will even change position after being viewed

| Thu 1 Sep 2016 19:43:19 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Bitterman - 16 minutes ago  » 
    Unfortunately the FVP has a mind of its own. Files will even change position after being viewed

From memory when retrieving files from the filing system in a Windows folder the order is indeterminate unless sorted.
    I would start with a freshly formatted USB stick and transfer the recordings one by one in the order desired to see if that does the trick.
    The order you see the files in Windows File Manager is a sorted order depending on what column header was clicked last.
    Name, Size, date, etc

| Thu 1 Sep 2016 20:04:47 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

REPASSAC - 1 hour ago  » 

Bitterman - 16 minutes ago  » 

From memory when retrieving files from the filing system in a Windows folder the order is indeterminate unless sorted.
    I would start with a freshly formatted USB stick and transfer the recordings one by one in the order desired to see if that does the trick.
    The order you see the files in Windows File Manager is a sorted order depending on what column header was clicked last.
    Name, Size, date, etc

I can assure you, nothing works. The 4000t used to sort media files fine, but that changed after an update.

| Thu 1 Sep 2016 21:36:44 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.