My Humax Forum » Forum Site » Site Feedback

Polite request

(6 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

If you see/read information on this forum and copy it to another place, please give mention to where you first saw it.

I am not advocating 'spamming' other places with links, just asking that we do get a mention.

Thank you.

| Thu 21 Apr 2011 10:07:21 #1 |
  2. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

At least give credit to 'Barry' if you are unable to post a link to this forum! There's only one Barry so other forum users should know

| Thu 12 May 2011 10:29:53 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I guess your comment was directed at me - sorry - noted - will comply of course in future. Thanks for all efforts in making this a great platform.

| Thu 12 May 2011 17:30:47 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I make no apologises for bumping this, and it is not aimed at members, but guests. It is obvious from posts appearing elsewhere that info is seen here and then copied elsewhere without any credit, not a very polite thing to do.

| Tue 5 Jul 2011 13:39:17 #4 |
  5. af123

af123

Barry - 1 hour agoIt is obvious from posts appearing elsewhere that info is seen here and then copied elsewhere without any credit, not a very polite thing to do.

I've posted a few notes elsewhere today at around the same time you posted things here, but they were posted completely independently after various web site monitor scripts I use emailed me about updates (Humax main download page, DTG OTA for example). Quite a few people run similar monitoring tools and just because they are posting the same information does not mean they are copying.

The one thing from here that I did post over at Hummy.tv was credited and included a link back to the relevant thread here.

In cases where things are copied, I fully agree there should be clear indication of the source (although on AVForums the moderators are just as likely to silently delete the external reference... but that's another issue!)

| Tue 5 Jul 2011 15:35:39 #5 |
  6. FenderBender

FenderBender

administrator

Thanks for your honesty. I know there are people on here who work very hard to bring the latest up-to-date information to your attention on these forums (esp. Barry). So to see an acknowledgement of their hard work is reasonable reward, I would say.

| Tue 5 Jul 2011 21:53:46 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.