My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Poor signal but only through Humax

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

pointer

Hi all,

I installed my new Humax HDR-Fox T2 yesterday, but am getting poor signal and pixelation on all channels, to my Sony HD Freeview TV.

Prior to installing the Humax I had direct connection to my new Sony Freeview TV, and had no issues with pixelation etc.

I remove the Humax from the equation and connect directly to the TV and once again have perfect signal with no pixelation.

I have tried two different HDMI cables but get the same problem whenever the Humax is receiving the signal.

Does anyone have any ideas?

| Fri 6 Jan 2012 11:37:02 #1 |
  2. rkm_hm

Watt Tyler

pointer - 38 minutes ago  » 
    Hi all,
    I installed my new Humax HDR-Fox T2 yesterday, but am getting poor signal and pixelation on all channels, to my Sony HD Freeview TV.
    Prior to installing the Humax I had direct connection to my new Sony Freeview TV, and had no issues with pixelation etc.
    I remove the Humax from the equation and connect directly to the TV and once again have perfect signal with no pixelation.
    I have tried two different HDMI cables but get the same problem whenever the Humax is receiving the signal.
    Does anyone have any ideas?

Could it be that the HDR is seeing more than one transmitter, and is taking its signals from a weaker transmitter than the one used by the TV?

When you were tuning it in, did it offer you a choice of region? Did you select the right one?

Are there copies of any of the channels up in the 800's? Do these work better than the low numbers?

It may be that you need to do a manual re-tune to make sure that it's getting it signals from the right Muxes.

| Fri 6 Jan 2012 12:20:00 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

To enable the rf loopthrough when the box is in sby you have to turn off power saving in sby.

| Fri 6 Jan 2012 12:31:55 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

pointer - 1 hour ago  » 

Does this occur with the Humax active and in standby?

| Fri 6 Jan 2012 13:10:07 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

pointer

1). I was offered a choice of region, both West Midlands and Cambridge/Bedford (Sandy Heath) were offered. I have since tied selecting each of the transmitters and both give the same problem. Sandy Heath is the one that is recommended by the digital website.

2). I will try turning off the power saving in standby as I know this is currently turned on.

3). I haven't tried it with the Humax in stanby, I'll give it a go tonight and let you know the outcome.

| Fri 6 Jan 2012 13:59:09 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

pointer - 2 hours ago  » 
    1). I was offered a choice of region, both West Midlands and Cambridge/Bedford (Sandy Heath) were offered. I have since tied selecting each of the transmitters and both give the same problem. Sandy Heath is the one that is recommended by the digital website.

What are the signal strengths and quality on the various multiplexes?

| Fri 6 Jan 2012 16:29:03 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

pointer

OK looks like the problem is cured. The automatic tuning had tuned in to some channels from the wrong transmitter. I manually re-tuned, as was suggested above, to the channels recommended for the relevant transmitter and everything seems to be working just fine now.

Thank you all for your help, it is very much appreciated.

| Fri 6 Jan 2012 18:34:33 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.