My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Possible Disc Problem

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

StuartZ

I have an HDR 1800T bought in December 2021.

This evening the light on the fron was red meaning it was either in standby or was recording. I pressed the wake up button on the remote but it had no effect. Chenged the batteries in the remote but to no avail.

The television still worked so a signal was being passed through.

Turned it off at the mains and turned it on again and it seemed to spring into life, except that the Media button did nothing so I could not see any recordings.

Eventually did a factory reset.

When it came back to life everything seemed OK and all my recordings were still there.

My question is, does this mean that the disc is on the way out, and if so what is a suitable replacement?

A subsidiary, less important quest - at the end of all this, when I switched back to the TV there was no sound until I switched chanel. Does anyone know why this might be?

| Sun 31 Mar 2024 22:32:51 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

StuartZ - 12 hours ago  » 
    My question is, does this mean that the disc is on the way out, and if so what is a suitable replacement?

Assuming this is a one off event, I don't think it is obviously hard drive related. If you want to know the state of the hard drive then the best way to do it is to remove the hard drive, connect it to a computer possibly by a SATA to USB converter and look at the SMART data which holds the drives record of problems. Looking at SMART data the first time is not easy but I or someone else here would be able to help you interpret it.

A subsidiary, less important quest - at the end of all this, when I switched back to the TV there was no sound until I switched chanel. Does anyone know why this might be?

I don't know but I don't think it is significant, odd tings happen with PVRs sometimes.

| Mon 1 Apr 2024 11:23:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

StuartZ

Thank you for the reply Martin.
    The disc seems to be working OK again, but if it fails in the future I will remove it and do as you say.
    The sound problem has gone away so I guess I was panicing a bit early on that one.

| Mon 1 Apr 2024 12:15:38 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.