My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Possible Lip-sync bug

(12 posts)
  1. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

I think I may have found a new bug in the system, so if someone would like to test, it would be much appreciated.
    On the odd program that has 5.1, I do like to use my surround sound amp. I have to set Lip-sync to 100ms.
    Doing this seems to cause some odd behaviors for me ie:
    1: Sometimes when I sellect to watch a recording it remains on the selection screen and have to press exit to watch the recordings.
    2: Sometimes when I stop watching a recording the live TV picture judders or freezes with sound still playing in background.
    2: Sometimes when I stop watching a recording I get a tempory error message.
    3: Pressing pause during live broadcast doesn't pause.
    4: Pressing rewind during live broadcast and then pause it doesn't pause, but seems to fast forward slightly with no sound.
    Putting Lip-sync back to 0ms and things work as normal.

Could somebody please check to see if your able to replicate any of the above when Lip-sync is active.

| Wed 27 Nov 2013 18:48:34 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

dec

Hi,

Did you get anywhere with this ?
    I think you posted on the freesat community forum which I replied to but the thread has been pulled by them because it's negative.

| Fri 6 Dec 2013 16:21:00 #2 |
  3. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

dec - 39 minutes ago  » 
    Hi,
    Did you get anywhere with this ?
    I think you posted on the freesat community forum which I replied to but the thread has been pulled by them because it's negative.

Ha Ha, well I had a bit of a spat with Nicholai as he accused me of being aggressive and threatening because I asked Emma if she actually had read what I posted because her strange reply suggested otherwise. Now the whole issue has been deleted from existence on the community. So now I'm not even gonna bother with freesat community anymore.

Anyhow as it happens I emailed Humax and they've been able to replicate a couple of the issues and have passed it on for further investigation and will let me know the outcome once they get an update. So I guess as the saying goes, watch this space.

| Fri 6 Dec 2013 17:16:29 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

dec

Thanks for the info.

I did post on freesat community asking where the thread had gone and my new thread got deleted too and I got a message from Emma.
    Apparently they want a positive forum not a negative one, ie tell everyone how great freesat is but don't complain.
    I asked Nicholai by pm if lip sync was being investigated and also commented about deletion of posts. I was always polite and never aggressive but it seems you're not allowed to question what they say.
    I've now been banned !

| Fri 6 Dec 2013 17:36:17 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

That site is a waste of space. During the early days of the HDR1000s there was a clear issue with the first recording of the day failing. Despite conclusive proof from posters on this forum, unbelievingly it took a hell of a long time before they even acknowledged the problem and even publically stated no-one could replicate the problem. They must have a hell of a big carpet to sweep unwanted info under.

I didn't respond to Gonzo as I always use an AV amp for audio (the TV is permanently muted) and have no lip synch issues at all as they are corrected within the overall hdmi lip synch correction in my AV amplifier.

| Fri 6 Dec 2013 18:00:02 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

dec

Thanks Graham,
    So is that forum the only way faults get reported back to the engineers to be fixed ?
    Must admit I gave up hope of getting network playback issues fixed due to them refusing to acknowledge there were problems.

| Mon 9 Dec 2013 9:12:22 #6 |
  7. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

dec - 29 minutes ago  » 

So is that forum the only way faults get reported back to the engineers to be fixed ?

You can report direct to Humax themselves uksupport@humaxonline.co.uk

| Mon 9 Dec 2013 9:43:01 #7 |
  8. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

I've recieved an update from Humax this morning, though I did get the impression they're focusing on the wrong issue so I've replied back and hopefully put them straight.
    They seem to be focusing on 5.1 program's rather than the actual cause being when the Lip-sync function is in use with a delay being set.
    Anyhow there looks to be an imminent software update.

We have been testing this issue on the new software update that is due to be released.

We need to record more 5.1 content to ensure it is not happening on this new update. I would recommend waiting on this new update to see if the issues are still present.

With the new update it is still under going testing so we do not have a specific release date just yet.

Could you also confirm how often the 5.1 issue occurs? I.e once in every 10-20 programs?

Best Regards,

Humax Customer Support

| Tue 10 Dec 2013 12:47:36 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I've recieved an update from Humax this morning

Possibly because I have been discussing this with them this morning, as I have had no luck replicating.

| Tue 10 Dec 2013 12:51:12 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

dec

Hi,

I tried this on two boxes and both exhibited the same problem.
    That's just reminded me I didn't set the box in currys/pc world back to 0, I wonder if they noticed yet

Will be interesting to see what's fixed in the next software update.
    Hope it's not just a "new features" update. Working DLNA would be good.

| Tue 10 Dec 2013 12:56:56 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.