My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Possible removal of "Red Button"

(8 posts)
  1. mickiow

mickiow

Hi all,
    I never use and would like to (if possible) remove the "red button" and "book me" icons from appearing on screen.

It has been suggested to me that disabling all MHEG applications in Humax FOX T2
    Will stop the red button and book me icons appearing altogether, can this be done and how please?

Mick.

| Mon 9 Jul 2012 14:20:31 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

No such option with the HDR T2, perhaps whoever suggested it was thinking of the Foxsat HDR.

The red button can be dismissed by pressing green, and the book me prompt can be dismssed by pressing exit.

| Mon 9 Jul 2012 15:31:20 #2 |
  3. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Or possibly thinking of the Topfields which have an option to turn interactive services off. To have this as feature in the modded firmwares would be nice to have as long as you can still get to iPlayer.

| Mon 9 Jul 2012 16:33:20 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Even if it were possible to add it to the modded firmware (which I doubt) I think it would prevent all the on demand from working.

| Mon 9 Jul 2012 16:36:58 #4 |
  5. mickiow

mickiow

Thank you Barry and gomezz, I will condition myself to keep using the buttons!
    Mick.

| Mon 9 Jul 2012 16:39:47 #5 |
  6. mickiow

mickiow

REPASSAC - 5 hours ago  » 
    Even if it were possible to add it to the modded firmware (which I doubt) I think it would prevent all the on demand from working.

For me that would be a good trade off, I do not use the service at all, but I realise most people do.
    Mick.

| Mon 9 Jul 2012 22:18:03 #6 |
  7. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

The Red Button and Book Me icons only appear when watching 'Live TV', They will disappear if you press pause followed by play, you are then in chase play mode. However this will need to be done every time you change channel.

| Wed 11 Jul 2012 11:00:29 #7 |
  8. mickiow

mickiow

ezra pound - 5 hours ago  » 
    The Red Button and Book Me icons only appear when watching 'Live TV', They will disappear if you press pause followed by play, you are then in chase play mode. However this will need to be done every time you change channel.

Thank you very much, that will be better.

Now about thoes dam dogs! (joke only I know knothing can be done as appearantly we like them )

Mick.

| Wed 11 Jul 2012 16:10:21 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.