My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HD

Post code not accepted

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tarka

Hi all
    I know there has been previous discussions on this and the suggestion was to just put in the first half, which we have tried but still the humax won't accept it.
    Any further suggestions and what are the implications if this doesn't work?

Thanks
    Tarka

| Sun 15 Jan 2012 19:54:59 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Try a couple that definitely work, to check you are receiving the freesat transponder OK.

M60 - Manchester
    PL1 - Plymouth (South West)

| Sun 15 Jan 2012 22:18:43 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

If you can't put the postcode in then you'll just get non-freesat channels. The postcode sets the box up for your local area, i.e. local news on bbc1 and itv1.
    If you live in a brand new house on a brand new road then it may not recognise the postcode so just try another local postcode i.e. shop or bank on the high street. If it's not taking that then you've a problem with the signal. If you're picking up non-freesat channels okay then you may try re-aligning the dish slightly or if that's too tricky take it to a neighbours/friends and tune it in there. If you're not picking up non-freesat channels then you'll have to get the dish/signal checked out.

| Mon 16 Jan 2012 11:09:49 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Using the manual tune option select the transponder box and scroll till you get to 11427 (might say 11428) H. Look at the signal strength and quality. If it's non existant or very low your dish alignment is probably off. This is the Freesat home transponder which is at 28.2E (Eurobird 1).

| Mon 16 Jan 2012 11:36:28 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jeg88

Hello all,

I have looked over a few different forums for the answer and I can see that there are a lot of people with the same problem.

I replaced my faulty Foxsat-HDR last a couple of days ago. When I went to set up the new unit, it has come up with 'Invalid post code'.
    I had a look at the two postcodes at the beginning of this post but am still suffering the same problem. I have also gone within manual tune and selected transponder 11428H. With this transponder selected I recieve 90% strength and 85% quality yet when I do a channel search it only brings up 17 TV channels that are all free-sat home ones and 1 radio station.

Any idea's what this could be?

Thanks.

| Mon 17 Sep 2012 21:31:54 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Manually tuning the Freesat home transponder will only find the content on that transponder. Asking you to check the signal strength on here is merely to check you can actually get the signal.

As your box is clearly pre-used try a reset to factory defaults from the menus to start with a clean install.

The Foxsat-HD and HDR are so similar it's possible this thread may help.

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/unable-to-carry-out-freesat-tune

Welcome to the forum.

| Mon 17 Sep 2012 22:10:51 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

jeg88

Thanks Graham,

Completed a factory reset and it has solved the problem I was having.

I was cautious about doing this before you mentioned, as when I completed a factory reset with my last receiver it then appeared with 'LNB Short' error code. Even though I replaced the LNB and re-made all of the F-connecters the fault still showed.

Anyway,

Cheers.

| Mon 17 Sep 2012 22:36:57 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.