My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Powering down DTR T400 stops recordings

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mallers

Hi, trying to save a bit on my electricity bills, I close down my Youview DTR-T4000 every night (its used daily). The problem I have is if it recording something, sometimes it carries on recording and sometimes it does not. If I have something due to tape later, sometimes that is taped and sometimes not. I only find out the next day when i turn on the box and it doesn't work. I then need to power off and on, then hit the on switch.
    Why does it do this, and why is it intermittent? Sometimes it will work ok and tape and turn on the next day after being turned off, sometimes turning off just kills it until I reboot the next morning. Seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.

| Fri 10 Jul 2020 12:42:10 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The money you are saving is minute. I imagine the Youview box can use low power sby which should use less than 0.5W at the cost of a much slower boot from full sby.

If left in sby for a whole year.

That's 0.5 x 365 x 24 watt/hrs = 4380 Watt hrs which is 4.38 units.

Average UK cost of a unit is 14.37p Is it really worth the hassle for 63p ?

| Fri 10 Jul 2020 12:51:21 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mallers

Fair enough. Probably not, I was just curious as to the cause, but I hadn't really thought much about the savings of turning it off. When I lost an episode of a series I definitely put more than 63p worth of effort into finding it online!

| Fri 10 Jul 2020 13:49:25 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.