My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Problem coming out of standby

(6 posts)
  1. Reisser

Reisser

I haven't had my 2000T very long but on a few occasions it hasn't come out of standby using the remote so have had to lug the telly cabinet out to turn off power at the mains!
    This works but yesterday the media button didn't respond until turning off at the mains for a second time.
    Have latest software installed.
    Any advice would be welcomed.

| Tue 27 Oct 2015 14:53:25 #1 |
  2. Reisser

Reisser

I said I have the latest software but it is 1:01:13 and think the latest might be 1:01:16 although tried automatic update and it showed no more updates?

| Tue 27 Oct 2015 19:45:06 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

When it won't come out of standby is it recording?

To bring the unit out of stand-by when it is recording and being stubborn use the numeric 0 button. That will switch it on if it is in standby, but won't switch it to off of it's all ready switched on.
    Then use your TV's remote control to switch to the correct input on your TV.

| Tue 27 Oct 2015 20:39:41 #3 |
  4. Reisser

Reisser

Hi Luke
    It dawned on me last night that it might be recording when I try to take it out of standby.

Thanks ever so much for the tip.

Not too sure about the media button not responding but, hopefully, just a glitch.

| Wed 28 Oct 2015 12:33:20 #4 |
  5. Reisser

Reisser

Would you recommend using power saving in standby?

| Wed 28 Oct 2015 14:50:12 #5 |
  6. Reisser

Reisser

Well it wouldn't come out of standby again and it wasn't recording. In fact it hadn't recorded anything since being put into standby last night!

The only way to get it to work again was to turn off at the mains but, again, the media button didn't work until it was turned off again.

Humax Support have said the next update will fix this problem but no OTA planned. So they have advised I do this :-
    This issue can also be resolved via turning off the HDMI CEC setting on the TV. This issue is typically caused by a HDMI connection issue between your Humax box and TV. To resolve, please follow the steps below:

First switch off any HDMI CEC options on your TV (see the bottom of this email for a list of HDMI CEC options)

Switch your TV off at the mains
    Switch the Humax off at the mains
    First switch the TV back on
    Select the correct input/source channel on your TV (HDMI 1 for example)
    Switch the Humax box on at the mains

If you are unfamiliar with the process call your TV manufacturer and they should be able to talk you through the process. Leave power saving in standby off and as of yet we have no scheduled over the air update for the HDR2000T.

HDMI CEC names

Samsung - Anynet+
    Sony - BRAVIA Link or BRAVIA Sync
    Sharp - Aquos Link
    Hitachi - HDMI-CEC
    AOC - E-link
    Pioneer - Kuro Link
    Toshiba - Regza Link or CE-Link
    Onkyo - RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI)
    LG - SimpLink
    Panasonic - VIERA Link or HDAVI Control or EZ-Sync
    Philips - EasyLink
    Polaroid - Netcommand
    Mitsubishi - NetCommand for HDMI
    Runco International - RuncoLink
    Bush - HDMI CEC
    Hisense - HDMI CEC - ARC

I have a Panasonic Viera so take it I just turn off viera link? Not sure how to though?

| Tue 3 Nov 2015 19:33:27 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.