My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Problem copying files

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Memnon

I want to copy some recordings to a USB stick (32GB stick so loads or space)... and happy to do 1 at a time.

While in HDR Fox T2 I can create a folder on USB stick, I select a file for copy, chose storage chose the new folder I created ... press red button ... and I get "Files have been added for move" and if I look at the USB folder it shows folder now has 1 file in it.
    However if I go into that folder nothing in there ... if I put USB stick into PC again nothing there

Tried another approach instead of creating folder in HDR Fox T2 created the folders while stick in the pc.
    I can browse to the folders when the USB stick is in the HDR Fox T2
    However when I again select a file to copy and go to these folders the 'red' move button is showing 'dimmed' not bright red. and when I press it to do the move get the error that the stick is NTFS and not supported.

Can someone enlighten me on how to do this?

The USB stick works fine if I drop files on it and plug into my BlueRay player or even direct into Smart TV ... so I know nothing wrong with it.

| Thu 7 May 2015 17:27:03 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

A HDR-FOX-T2 without custom firmware can only read NTFS. To write to USB you need to use FAT32 (You should get the option if you right click in Windows). Note the largest file FAT32 can handle is 4GB.

| Thu 7 May 2015 18:39:01 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Memnon

Just bought large capacity USB mem stock and formatted as NTFS to get access to full capacity.
    Are there recommended custom firmware builds ... don't want to put something unstable on there.

| Thu 7 May 2015 20:17:12 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Memnon - 29 minutes ago  » 
    Just bought large capacity USB mem stock and formatted as NTFS to get access to full capacity.
    Are there recommended custom firmware builds ... don't want to put something unstable on there.

There is only one custom firmware. The 32GB format limit for FAT32 is an artificial limit imposed by Windows.

There is loads of free software to format large partitions FAT32.

Random software.

http://fat32-format.en.softonic.com/

You could format a flash drive EXT2 (A Linux format) but windows requires an external driver to work with EXT2/3. The usual software is EXT3FS but I believe Windows 8 is not supported.

| Thu 7 May 2015 20:50:59 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Memnon

If I install custom f/ware does that allow read/write to NTFS on USB ?

and if so where do I get this.

| Thu 7 May 2015 21:04:11 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Memnon - 31 minutes ago  » 
    If I install custom f/ware does that allow read/write to NTFS on USB ?

Yes.

and if so where do I get this.

Google it; the rules of this Forum don't allow the posting of links to the custom firmware.

| Thu 7 May 2015 21:37:16 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Memnon

OK .. strange but accept the rules.

| Thu 7 May 2015 21:42:54 #7 |
  8. Doghouse

Doghouse

I've Humax HDR 2000T.
    I can play a video on an mp3 stick through this, but is there any way I can copy a programme on the Humax hard drive to a USB stick?

| Fri 21 Jul 2017 0:47:31 #8 |
  9. Doghouse

Doghouse

I've just answered my own question. I was using a stick which hadn't enough capacity left on it, so it wouldn't download

| Fri 21 Jul 2017 1:06:08 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.