My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Problem playing video on HD-FOX T2 from HDR-FOX T2 Media Server

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

evilandy

Hi all,

I have a HDR-FOX T2 in the living room and a HD-FOX T2 in the bedroom networked together using homeplug via an O2 router. I'm trying to play TV programmes recorded on the HDR-FOX T2 on the HD-FOX T2.

I've enabled media sharing on the HDR-FOX T2 and can connect, browse files and start playing them on the HD-FOX T2. However after watching for about 5 minutes the video stops and the following error message appears:

"Connection has failed. Please check your netowrk setting and server status."

After this the HDR-FOX T2 Media Server disappears from the list on the HD-FOX T2 and I have to power down the box to see it again.

Both are running the latest firmware released 10 Jun 2011.

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem and maybe solved it.

Thanks,

Andy

| Thu 1 Dec 2011 18:11:39 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dodders

Hi Andy,
    getting exactly the same problem just out of interest which homeplugs are you using?

Thanks
    Rod

| Sun 18 Dec 2011 20:15:12 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bascule

Hi,

I'm wondering if you ever sorted this out? I have just tried doing the same thing and got the same error.

Any advice?

Cheers,
    Andy

| Sun 13 May 2012 8:10:01 #3 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Note that this topic is in the wrong sub-forum which is for discussion of the Foxsat HDR model. Questions about the Fox T2 has its own sub-forum where you may get a better response.

Admin Edit: Thanks, moved to correct sub-forum.

| Sun 13 May 2012 8:57:02 #4 |
  5. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

This is 99% a network (not a Humax box) issue and the mention of homeplugs leads me to suggest attempting to get those set up correctly first.

| Mon 14 May 2012 10:04:41 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bascule

Yes, after some more fart-arsing around I have found that if I run a long ethernet cable across the house from HDR to router then the HD (on a homeplug upstairs) can find the HDR and play stuff. If I then remove that cable from the HDR and pop in the cable that runs to its homeplug adapter then the HD will loose sight of the HDR.

However, if the TV (a Panasonic TX-32LXD700) next to the HDR is turned off the problem seems to go away! The socket that the homeplug adapter is in is on the wall behind the TV. The TV is plugged into an extension lead off the adjacent wall socket.

Might interference from the TVs power supply be causing my problems? Or the proximity of the back of the TV to the homeplug adapter behind it?

| Tue 15 May 2012 13:35:38 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.