My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Problem streaming from foxsat hdr

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

number77

Hello
    I have loaded Raydons media and file server bundle to my foxsathdr. The channel editor works well in filezilla but even though I have loaded twonky then mediatomb, I cant get streaming to work. What am I doing wrong.
    Thanks
    number77

| Sun 24 Apr 2011 19:51:14 #1 |
  2. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

You need to use a DNLA client. I use XMBC, and can connect fine to the HDR runing Twonky... You need to be patient when it first connects because it takes time to discover all the recordings...

| Mon 25 Apr 2011 16:14:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

number77

Are you streaming live TV as the HDR is receiving it?
    Will load Twonky again and XMBC and give that a go. Thanks.

| Mon 25 Apr 2011 17:58:24 #3 |
  4. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

The buffer file is called 0.ts - I guess if you are playing that then you are streaming..?

| Mon 25 Apr 2011 19:44:41 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

number77

I got problems with XMBC, I found XBMC but it seems to hang the pc. Which one should I be using or can you think of another DNLA client. I have found 0.ts in filezilla.

| Mon 25 Apr 2011 20:15:19 #5 |
  6. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

Sorry for the late reply... I have been trying my hardest to find another DLNA client application, but have not had much luck - except now...

I think CyberLink's SoftDMA 2 is a DLNA client (you can download a trial version to try out, I think).

Most clients are hardware based, and I have an XBOX 360 that I will try out to see Raydon's hacked FOXSAT-HDR with Twonky server works when I have some time...

| Wed 27 Apr 2011 10:44:03 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

number77 - 1 day ago  » 
    I got problems with XMBC, I found XBMC but it seems to hang the pc. Which one should I be using or can you think of another DNLA client. I have found 0.ts in filezilla.

This is possibily more connected with the very large filesize this file usually has and the amount of RAM on your PC rather than with XMBC. If you have samba setup - try clicking on 0.ts in the network share - Normally Windows Media player can play it this may (but not from the twonky stream for some reason).

| Wed 27 Apr 2011 14:50:29 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

number77

Thanks for all the help m8s, I have now managed. Basically in xp,my computer, my network places which gives me the folders on the hdr and if I open 0.ts vlc plays the buffer.
    Not exactly sure why but it does.
    number77

| Thu 28 Apr 2011 18:30:03 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.