My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Problem with record live TV

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hello,
    Have the following Problem when recording and watch The same programme when I Paused the recording to cut the adverts out live tv stop and does not carry on.
    Is there a way to fix this
    Thanks
    Matthew

| Thu 3 Sep 2020 20:24:17 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

I think I am understanding what you are attempting to do.

With Vidio Cassette Recorders (VCRs), when adverts where being broadcast it used to be possible on a VCR to pause the recording, and then at the end of the adverts to resume recording.

This is not possible on any hard disk recorder that I know of. The only way to stop the adverts benig recorded is to stop the recording itself. From your description (so far) it sounds as though that is what you are doing.

| Thu 3 Sep 2020 22:03:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Apache

Ex Member

Hi Luke

Thanks for getting back to me and answering my question.
    Is there a way to log this problem as feedback and pass it on.?

Thanks
    Matthew

| Thu 3 Sep 2020 22:11:40 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Apache - 18 hours ago  » 
    Hello,
    Have the following Problem when recording and watch The same programme when I Paused the recording to cut the adverts out live tv stop and does not carry on.
    Is there a way to fix this
    Thanks
    Matthew

Yes when watching the recording use the skip keys to cut out the ads. The skip keys stop working when you would drop out of the currently recorded content.

Do not stop the recording.

Best to start watching the recording 10-15 mins after the recording has started.

Simply select the incomplete recording from the recording list and elect to play it.

The skip keys are the arrows either side of OK.

By default forward skip is + 2 mins and backwards - 5 seconds.

When the ads start press OK. If the current time indicator isn't blue press up to make it blue. For an average ad break press right twice (+4 min skip) if programme has restarted press back skip until you see the end of the ad break.

| Fri 4 Sep 2020 15:29:50 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.