My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Problem with recording - PLEASE HELP ME!!

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Katherine

My Humax has suddenly randomly stopped recording, and came up with this message - 'Recording failed: the maximum number of files per folder was reached'.

It will not record when I set it in advance, or when I actually press record on live television. The only way I have found that it will record, is if I rewind live television and then press record.

It is very strange, and I am DESPERATE for it to work again, as I use it all the time! I feel totally lost without it! I have had it for a long time (and am hoping it is not time to say goodbye to my beloved companion!), but I have never had any problems with it before now. As I say, it has never said this message before, or had any problems with recording.

The storage is definitely not full, as I know it then says 'due to the storage limitation, no more content can be recorded in this HDD'.

I have tried turning it off and on again, and also adjusting the wires etc (the only things I know to try!).

I really hope that someone can help me. I will be grateful for any suggestions or solutions anyone may have!

| Tue 9 Jan 2024 14:50:53 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Katherine - 24 mins ago  » 
    My Humax has suddenly randomly stopped recording, and came up with this message - 'Recording failed: the maximum number of files per folder was reached'.
    It will not record when I set it in advance, or when I actually press record on live television. The only way I have found that it will record, is if I rewind live television and then press record.

Please can you tell us the model number of your Humax PVR; I am guessing it might be a PVR-9200T or 9300T or 9150T but trying to give advice without knowing would be silly.

| Tue 9 Jan 2024 15:17:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Katherine

Thank you for your quick reply!

| Tue 9 Jan 2024 16:02:05 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Katherine

It looks like it is a 2000T, from the label at the back of the machine.

| Tue 9 Jan 2024 16:03:29 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Katherine - 1 hour ago  » 
    It looks like it is a 2000T, from the label at the back of the machine.

Thanks. I am puzzled by the "maximum number of files per folder was reached" as unlike the early models, the HDR-2000T uses a Linux file system and the limit will be much higher than on the earlier models. My best guess is that there is some corruption of the file system. There are two potential fixes:

Take the hard drive out of the HDR_2000T, attach it to a computer running Linux and use the Linux file system repair tools to fix the errors.

Watch or copy to USB storage, any important recordings and then format the hard drive. This can be done by the HDR-2000T but will permanently delete all recordings.

| Tue 9 Jan 2024 17:22:20 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Katherine

Hello again Martin, thank you so much for your reply. I will try that when I get a chance to have a look. It is still not recording, but then strangely it appears to have recorded one of the programmes I had set it for - so, who knows?! Think it was perhaps just a fluke!

I was just thinking, if I do end up having to buy a new machine, is there one would recommend - cos, as I said, I have had mine for quite a few years now. I am still gutted it has gone wrong, and don’t know why it suddenly did, but I do work it EXTREMELY hard!!

| Wed 10 Jan 2024 18:22:08 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Katherine - 37 mins ago  » 
    I will try that when I get a chance to have a look. It is still not recording, but then strangely it appears to have recorded one of the programmes I had set it for - so, who knows?! Think it was perhaps just a fluke!

I am afraid I don't understand that either nor do I understand why "The only way I have found that it will record, is if I rewind live television and then press record." works. Before formatting the drive it might be worth trying a reset to default settings which will delete the schedule for future recordings but not your current recordings.

I was just thinking, if I do end up having to buy a new machine, is there one would recommend - cos, as I said, I have had mine for quite a few years now.

The choice of PVRs is rapidly getting smaller. In my opinion your choice is between the Humax Aura which is what I am currently using (but beware it does have various quirks) and the Manhattan T4-R which has had its release date put back on numerous occasions and is currently scheduled for launch "early 2024".

| Wed 10 Jan 2024 19:11:14 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.