My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Problems Streaming from FVP5000

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

It used to be OK with the Bedroom Samsung 32 inch, after fitting a 13amp WiFi extension socket, but now it doesn't even appear in "source". Checked the WiFi signal, & it is acceptable.
    For the LG 40inch TV in the extension though, after getting a Netgear device, it often breaks off a program after watching it for quite a time, & moves to the next program. Nearly always, trying to get that program back results in a "file type not recognised" message! How come? I have been watching it?

| Fri 11 Jun 2021 14:10:33 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

Today, every single recording that I've clicked on, on the LG TV said "this file type not supported"
    It was working for a few programs last night!

| Sun 13 Jun 2021 17:39:09 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

Last night it was working ok, but when it shut off a program, & moved to the next one (twice!) I managed to open it up again & continue. No "this file type not supported"meassages.

| Wed 16 Jun 2021 12:50:12 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

LG "not supported" fixed. Did a Factory reset.
    Still stopping & jumping to the previous program though (I thought at first, that it was the next program)

As for the 32" Samsung, the Humax 5000 appeared in "source" for quite a few days.
    Today, it's disappeared again!

| Sat 26 Jun 2021 17:09:36 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

i have been on to Samsung, & they say that my TV should connect to the Virgin HUB4 router as it has a MAC code. I have had many attempts to connect it to the internet, but all have failed. It used to come & go. The FVP icon would suddenly appear, & I could stream for a few days, then it would disappear again.

| Thu 28 Dec 2023 10:42:50 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

I think that I've solved it. I installed a Netgear Extender. Don't know why I should need one now, because it used to work ok. Perhaps the Virgin media Hub4 is not as efficient as its predecessor.

| Tue 23 Jan 2024 13:25:07 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.