My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Problems tuning channels on DTR-T1010

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

RVC

Hi, new user here.

Bought the DTR-T1010 several months ago and had no problems with it for a while, until the signal for the BBC channels disappeared (I thought bad weather had something to do with it at the time). I tried retuning the channels but that left me with even less channels. Over time I've reattempted to retune all channels to varying degrees of success, however now my box is completely unable to pick up any channels whatsoever. We are only able to use it for on demand services.

I don't think the signal/aerial itself is a problem, since the same aerial can be used to plug into the back of our TV - which has built in Freeview - and that picks up all channels fine.

Any ideas what the issue could be?

| Wed 2 Jul 2014 17:05:38 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Hi RVC

The progressive nature of the failure sounds ominous. Numerous users have reported having problems getting these boxes to lock on to the best transmitter, but the failure to tune any channels at all does not sound good.

You could try resetting the box using the Maintenance Mode procedure described at http://videos.youview.com/support/maintenance_mode.pdf

If that doesn't help, I'd suggest you contact Humax, if the box is still under warranty. They may suggest a swap.

| Thu 3 Jul 2014 7:09:26 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

RVC

How do I put my box into Maintenance Mode with the T1010? I've seen examples which say to "replace relevant buttons" but this T1010 box has no buttons on it.

| Thu 10 Jul 2014 19:07:00 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

RVC

Apologies - I managed to figure it out and reset it. Got some channels back but not all. Think I'll give it a few more retunes until handing the box back in.

Thanks for your help.

| Thu 10 Jul 2014 20:09:50 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.