My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Problems with YouView DTR-T1010

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

niknik

I have just bought the YouView DTR-T1010, as my old Humax was starting to show signs of age, working very slowly etc. However, my new box has a number of problems. If I rewind live TV, it then plays for 30 seconds before jumping forward to the current time. The same happens when I pause the live TV. When I press play, it jumps forward to the current time. Apart from this, I find that many recordings start, but then stop after 2 minutes. This is not due to an overlap, because I might only be recording one program. Humax say that software changes have caused these problems and they are going to deal with it. I am still concerned, because surely if everyone with this box was being affected, there would evidence online. I can't find any reference to it! I am worried that my box is faulty and that these problems will not resolve. Is there anyone else who is experiencing the same problems as me?

| Thu 15 Jan 2015 21:12:25 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

It's an acknowledged software fault arising from a major update last October. There have been numerous reports - enough to make it unlikely that the affected boxes are all faulty.

YouView's latest statement on this:

I would like to let everyone know that working on a fix for this issue is still our highest priority. We understand how frustrating it is for those affected to continue to experience issues with incomplete recording and playing them back. For some the suggested steps already mentioned have helped: attempting a re-tune of your box to a different transmitter, attempting to playback a failed recording a second time if it stops, or attempting to do a factory reset (keep recordings) through Maintenance Mode. For some these steps have not stopped the issue, or has only stopped the issue from appearing for a short period of time. We are committed to ensuring a complete fix will be implemented for these two issues going forward.

Our test and engineering teams have made progress with narrowing down the cause of the problem, and will look to work on a fix as soon as possible. We will continue to provide updates on the status of this when more information is available until a fix is made available.

(Posted in the YouView forum today, thread titled "Scheduled recording only lasts 3 min.....")

For reports of this problem see
    https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/scheduled-recording-only-recording-3-mins-then-stops

Also https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/youview-recordings-stopping-after-2-minutes/td-p/1404053

| Thu 15 Jan 2015 21:36:58 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

PAB10

I have a DTR T1010 now almost 2 years old. It has worked correctly up to about 3 or 4 weeks ago when I did a software up date. This corrupted the start sequence. The only way I could get it to work was by switching it off on the rear switch. it would reset eventually but the date time was corrupted ie. 1Jan 2000. This meant inability to record and if I selected guide no information was available.
    I very nice man in John Lewis gave me Humax's customer help line. 0844 6698800. They were very helpful and sent me an email with how to enter the maintenance mode. This worked after a couple of false starts. I used the setting 'Factory reset, keep recordings' so all my wife's programmes are still there. It took about 20 minutes to complete.
    I hope this can help all others with a similar problem.
    Pete B+10

| Thu 15 Oct 2015 14:39:48 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.