My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Programme overrun

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

gilbert

Hi All,
    First time on forum.
    If I set a timer recording using the guide and the programme before it overruns, will it automatically adjust or will I lose part of the programme that is wanted?

| Sat 18 Feb 2017 11:58:19 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Could be either way.
    It will depend on the channel, the model of the recorder and what the recorder's settings are, but usually most modern recorders will adjust for the more popular TV channels but not the radio channels.

| Sat 18 Feb 2017 12:18:50 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Welcome to our forum.

On a Humax box generally you can't set a recording from the guide once it's started. On some (eg the 1000/1010/1100S series) you can record the programme in it's entirety (from the time shift buffer) by simply pressing the record button, provided the box was tuned to that channel when the programme started.

If your settings for start time and end time are set to auto in the settings, broadcasters who properly implement accurate recording control the start and end recording times. The box wakes up 15 minutes before to watch for the recording start message from the broadcaster. Works well for the main channels BBC, ITV etc.

You will get more accurate information if you post the specific model as the capablity varies. EG. A Foxsat-HDR cannot record from the timeshift buffer so instant recording of a programme already started doesn't work.

| Sat 18 Feb 2017 12:37:37 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.