My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Programmes disappearing from Schedule

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

slimmillipede

We have had a few cases recently where a series we have been recording on our 9200T has not recorded and when I look in the recording schedule there is no sign of it.
    This has happened in the last week or so with The Simpsons and also with Homeland, both are on Channel 4 which may be relevant or may not.
    Has anyone had similar problems? Found a solution?

| Wed 31 Oct 2012 23:39:27 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

slimmillipede - 29 minutes ago  » 
    Has anyone had similar problems?

It is a known issue. The last software update for the 9150/9300 contained a fix for this problem so I guess that means that Humax know the cause but no idea whether there will be another update for the 9200.

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 0:10:46 #2 |
  3. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

This can also be caused if the drive is getting corruption. If this is the case the recording is made but not visible by the Humax but can be viewed and extracted by direct connection of the drive to a PC using humaxrw (available from the download section - link).
    This does involve opening the 9200t and either removing the drive or otherwise connecting to a PC. Read carefully the caveats before attempting this.
    Alternatively watch or transfer off all the recordings you want and format the drive.

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 21:15:26 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

aldaweb - 22 minutes ago  » 
    This can also be caused if the drive is getting corruption.

Yes a corrupt file system may cause recordings to disappear. But the OP is saying the series has vanished from the schedule which I don't think has anything to do with file system problems, does it?

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 21:40:16 #4 |
  5. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Could this simply be the loss of the odd episode of a series-link in the week after the clocks change, a problem I have noted in the week after several clock changes on regulars like Emmerdale and Corro. I note the OP says "last week or so" but people do tend to 'spread' time sometimes.

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 22:47:46 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Biggles - 44 minutes ago  » 
    Could this simply be the loss of the odd episode of a series-link in the week after the clocks change

It could be but in that case don't they stay in the schedule? The OP says "when I look in the recording schedule there is no sign of it".

| Thu 1 Nov 2012 23:33:27 #6 |
  7. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Yes you're right, they must do for the series-link to continue.

| Fri 2 Nov 2012 0:26:40 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

trainman

I lost a long list of recorded programmes before the clocks changed. My 9200 also stopped recording - advanced recording appeared to have accepted the 'booking', but failed to record, instant recording (record programme one is currently watching) did not respond.
    I read, maybe here, to reinstate default settings and reinstall programme lists, which I did with brief success (& with the addition of series record option, which I hadn't seen before). A couple of subsequently recorded programmes again disappeared and the machine is now failing all attempts to record anything.
    I have again reset since the clocks-time change, without success.

| Fri 2 Nov 2012 14:09:24 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

trainman - 1 hour ago  » 
    I lost a long list of recorded programmes before the clocks changed. I read, maybe here, to reinstate default settings and reinstall programme lists, which I did with brief success (& with the addition of series record option, which I hadn't seen before).

Reset to default settings is the wrong solution to the problem. You need to format the drive from the HDD Control menu (default password is 0000). With luck this will be a complete cure for the problem but if it returns fairly quickly then it suggests the hard drive is failing.

| Fri 2 Nov 2012 15:18:38 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

trainman

Thanks Martin.
    Sorry, but in layman's terms, which menu holds the HDD control settings?

Ah, found it under record menu.
    Reset that, now that option is greyed out on the menu.
    I'll report back in due course but can say that instant record is now working (for now...)
    Thanks so much.

| Fri 2 Nov 2012 18:57:32 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.