My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

HDR 1800T EPG

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bazza12

Hi

The EPG for the PT 1800 only extends up to 8 days but we will be going away for 2 weeks over Xmas. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to record/view programmes outside the 8-day limit?

BBC iPlayer is a thought but I don't want to watch on a small PC screen - can iPlayer be channelled through my PC to the Humax/TV?

| Fri 18 Dec 2015 12:49:10 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Bazza12 - 19 minutes ago  » 
    Hi
    The EPG for the PT 1800 only extends up to 8 days but we will be going away for 2 weeks over Xmas. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to record/view programmes outside the 8-day limit?
    BBC iPlayer is a thought but I don't want to watch on a small PC screen - can iPlayer be channelled through my PC to the Humax/TV?

You can set a manual reservation (also set a repeat pattern) for any time and date.

If it's the same as a HDR FOX T2.

Guide - Yellow (Schedule), click OK on new reservation.

| Fri 18 Dec 2015 13:12:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Bazza12 - 29 minutes ago  » 

Which Humax box do you have (I don't recognise PT 1800). Most of the recent Humax boxes have BBC iPlayer built in. You should be able to connect your PC to the TV but it will depend on whether the outputs provided by the PC are compatible with the inputs on the TV.

| Fri 18 Dec 2015 13:22:05 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bazza12

Martin Liddle - 46 minutes ago  » 

Bazza12 - 29 minutes ago  » 

Which Humax box do you have (I don't recognise PT 1800). Most of the recent Humax boxes have BBC iPlayer built in. You should be able to connect your PC to the TV but it will depend on whether the outputs provided by the PC are compatible with the inputs on the TV.

It is a HDR 1800 T box - sorry don't know where PT came from!

Admin Edit: Thread title amended

| Fri 18 Dec 2015 14:09:08 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Predictive Typing

| Fri 18 Dec 2015 14:23:33 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Bazza12 - 1 hour ago  » 
    It is a HDR 1800 T box - sorry don't know where PT came from!

OK, if you connect the HDR-1800T to your network you will be able to get BBC iPlayer via the Humax.

| Fri 18 Dec 2015 15:54:40 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Bazza12 - 10 hours ago  » 
    Hi

The HDR-1800T is capable of recording series with just 1 setting of the timer. The recordings will go on for however long the series is for. When selecting a programme from a series in the guide to record it will offer you the option to record a series; you will need to select the series option and NOT manually edit the timer, and not even just select the edit timer option and just OK it, as to do so will just end up in recording only the next episode instead of the whole series.

For 1 off programmes or series that are not yet due to start in the next 7 days then you will need to go into the schedule list. In the schedule list there is an option to set a timer just like you would have done for an old fashioned VCR.
    . Press GUIDE - the programme guide should be displayed;
    . Then press the Yellow button - the schedule should be displayed with 'New Reservation' highlighted;
    . Then press OK - you will then have a timer displayed which you can change to match the recording you want. Update it and then press 'OK'.

| Sat 19 Dec 2015 0:11:27 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bazza12

Thanks to everyone for their help!

| Sat 19 Dec 2015 18:20:19 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.