My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Purple colour

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geraldo8

My picture on Foxsat HDR is coming up with a purple hue.
    I have changed HDMI cable and aslso switched off completerly and reconnected new cable and picture is still coming up with purple hue. Tried on another TV and is the same. I have aslo disconnected and reconnected satellite cables with no result Is box doomed ??
    Help please.
    Thanks

| Mon 6 Feb 2023 10:32:01 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Geraldo8 - 1 hour ago  » 
    My picture on Foxsat HDR is coming up with a purple hue.
    I have changed HDMI cable and aslso switched off completerly and reconnected new cable and picture is still coming up with purple hue.

I don't think it is a common problem and I do think you have done the sensible things. Perhaps try a SCART cable if the TV has a SCART input.

| Mon 6 Feb 2023 12:19:00 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geraldo8

TV does not have scary but it must be a box problem as previous recordings are all coming up with purple hue. Looks like purple is replacing red colours.
    Thanks for your response. Might have to invest in new box. Had this one for almost 15 years. Served me well.

| Mon 6 Feb 2023 12:43:22 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Geraldo8 - 4 hours ago  » 
    TV does not have scary but it must be a box problem as previous recordings are all coming up with purple hue. Looks like purple is replacing red colours.
    Thanks for your response. Might have to invest in new box. Had this one for almost 15 years. Served me well.

Your problem in buying a new box will be what to get as Humax no longer produce Freesat boxes and the official Freesat box produced by Arris had a lot of issues when launched but I don't know the current situation.

| Mon 6 Feb 2023 16:58:25 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geraldo8

My picture and all recordings are all purple tinged. Looks like red colours are being replaced by purple. See pics. Have tried new HDMI cable and have reconnected dish cables with no success.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

1. IMG_20230206_164604.jpg (930.6 KB, 7 downloads) 1 year old
    2. IMG_20230206_164345.jpg (404.9 KB, 4 downloads) 1 year old
    3. IMG_20230206_164604.jpg (930.6 KB, 2 downloads) 1 year old
    4. IMG_20230206_164345.jpg (404.9 KB, 3 downloads) 1 year old
    5. IMG_20230206_164604.jpg (930.6 KB, 2 downloads) 1 year old
    6. IMG_20230206_164345.jpg (404.9 KB, 1 downloads) 1 year old
    | Mon 6 Feb 2023 17:51:28 #5 |
  6. prking

prking

There are reds on the screen (eg the orange walls) so I don’t think it’s the reds being replaced by purple. But rather that there is too much blue in the picture (blue and red makes magenta) or not enough green.

I think the picture is actually ‘overexposed’ in photography terms which will cause reds to look purple and blues /greens to be indistinguishable.

I’ve never seen that on the output of an STB normally on when a TV picture controls have been messed with. But you say that you’ve tried on another TV?

If so, I’m lost because as far as I know the picture is always digital then converted to analogue for SCART.

If it was analogue then converted to digital for the HDMI then it would be possible to adjust the levels inside (possibly change a resistor)

| Tue 7 Feb 2023 8:55:21 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geraldo8

Thank you very much for your response but I really think that it is a Humax box fault as the pictures from satellite are all purple too. I have now decided to buy another Humax recorder. There are still some good deals online and it would probably cost an arm and a leg to repair my old faithful friend.
    Thanks again.

| Tue 7 Feb 2023 9:49:44 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.