My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Puzzled - Am I Missing Something!!

(3 posts)
  1. Meddie47

Meddie47

I recently bought the Humax YouView Freeview box and am generally more than pleased with all its functions. However, on setting it to record via the EPG it sometimes either shows the recording as "Failed" or "Part Recorded". I am no tech-head, but think I've set it up OK. I think one of two things is happening,either the box doesn't record when the TV (Samsung LE32B652T4W)is turned off, which makes me think that it cuts off the aerial feed to the box, or the box doesn't record when the box goes into standby. I can't test for the latter as there doesn't seem to be an option to switch off the auto standby mode. I've never had this problem with other hard disk recorders. Can anyone shed any light on why this is happening or am I missing something obvious!!

| Fri 14 Sep 2012 20:04:34 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

This was a problem on early versions of software, but your unit during set up should have updated itself if connected to LAN.

You could try a reset see if that helps.

| Fri 14 Sep 2012 21:30:47 #2 |
  3. ispy

ispy

It does not matter if your TV is on or off, the aerial feeds the box first, then use the RF out socket to feed the TV and enable the RF out in the YouView box set up menu.

| Sun 16 Sep 2012 16:18:25 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.