My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

PVR 8000T

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

RobG

I have PVR-8000T which had been unused for some time. I then re-used it in a bedroom, but when I set it up in a different room after the digital switchover I needed to retune. However, when requested to enter the password the unit will simply not accept any digit from the keypad on the remote. Batteries are OK in the remote and I can use it to access some other functions. The red light comes on when I press the button for the digits. I reset the password to 0000 but still the password seems 'frozen'. I've seen that someone else has experienced this problem (not on this forum) but no solution was found. Does anyone have any suggestions?

| Fri 4 Nov 2011 0:20:32 #1 |
  2. Biggles

Biggles

special member

You have 2 buttons at the top of the remote that light red when you press a key, in your case I'll bet the TV button is illuminating when you press a number key. This is for controlling a TV, you need to press the DTV button (just once) so the remote only controls the 8000.

| Fri 4 Nov 2011 1:02:44 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

RobG

Many thanks Biggles. I thought I'd tried everything but maybe I pressed the DTV button more than once. Anyway, thanks so much because it worked and the unit is re-tuned! I can start re-using the unit now.

| Sat 5 Nov 2011 23:08:23 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.