My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

PVR-8000T

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

thecathouse

Hi,

Just been given one of these but with a replacement remote which the former owner said she has never managed to work with this machine (and nor can I) The replacement remote is an RM3040A and it doesn't have a DVB or TV button at the top. My problem is that, as I live in a different area, I have to retune the unit but without a working remote I am stuck at the password screen. Is there any way round this. I could buy a cheap universal remote but are these easy to pair? I am just worried that the IR on the unit may be gone and that is why it can't "see" the remote (or, as I suspect, it is the wrong remote). Any help or advice would be appreciated.

| Thu 7 Jan 2016 12:18:16 #1 |
  2. Biggles

Biggles

special member

I got a cheap (£5) multi device remote from Lidl (SilverCrest) that works the PVR-8000T, if a little inconvenient on a couple of functions. Getting it working was just a matter of trying the Humax codes given in the remote manual. The remote seems to use battery power though even when not being used. My Humax remote for the 8000T has RT-520 written on the front.

| Thu 7 Jan 2016 17:21:41 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.