My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

PVR will not boot

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mike 1011

My Humax HDR-FOX T2 will not boot. It goes into a continuous loop. The display shows “starting system” and a few seconds later the same thing happens again.

I remembered it was programmed to record “Nightsleeper”. When the program started I pressed the power button on the remote and the PVR was working perfectly. I did a factory reset but it made no difference. I have programmed it to record the BBC news at 13:00 and 18:00. So I can make it work for a few hours before it shuts down due no activity.

The PVR is on its last legs. My question is if I buy a HDR-FOX T2 on ebay can I play the films I have saved on an external USB hard drive.

| Thu 3 Oct 2024 2:40:36 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Mike 1011 - 7 hours ago  » 
    The PVR is on its last legs. My question is if I buy a HDR-FOX T2 on ebay can I play the films I have saved on an external USB hard drive.

Are the films saved as SD or HD recordings? If they are SD and you copied them direct to the USB hard drive then you should be able to play them. If they are HD they will be encrypted and the only way to play them will be by using the custom firmware. Try asking at https:/hummy.tv

| Thu 3 Oct 2024 10:19:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mike 1011

Most of the films are sd. Thanks for the info.

| Thu 3 Oct 2024 17:58:10 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.