My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

PVR with simpler recordings menu for older person

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

TW8

Following the failure of a friends PVR 5000T, I'm looking for ideas to replace it. The lady than owns it is elderly and really struggled with the recordings menu especially if the programme recorded was part of a series and ended up in a folder.

On my own Foxsat HDR the menu is far simpler and more logical than the 5000T. You OK on a folder, and all the programmes appear showing dates and times with 'new' against the ones you haven't started. On the 5000T, after clicking on the folder, quite illogically it highlights the latest recording, and you have to navigate left then up to highlight a date, press ok, then navigate right, then play. Personally I think it's dreadful compared to the simplicity of the Foxsat. Though I can work it, my friend really struggles.

So my question is, do Humax have any current freeview PVR models with a more simple playback menu that even technophobes can work? It doesn't need FreeviewPlay. If not, can anyone suggest an older model I could try and seek out second hand.

Thanks for any suggestions.

| Tue 4 Oct 2022 17:11:44 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

TW8 - 2 hours ago  » 
    So my question is, do Humax have any current freeview PVR models with a more simple playback menu that even technophobes can work?

Humax are still selling the HDR-2000T which has a simpler interface. Otherwise consider the Manhattan T3-R.

| Tue 4 Oct 2022 19:16:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

TW8

Much appreciated Martin. I will have a look at both of those PVRs.

| Tue 4 Oct 2022 20:03:42 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

TW8

The HDR-2000T looks just right with one exception. One of the reviews states that in order for a timed recording to record, you have to leave the PVR switched on rather than on standby. Can anyone who has one confirm or deny that this is true?

Thanks.

| Tue 4 Oct 2022 21:03:41 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rick88

I used to use a 2000T. It did not have to be switched on to record on the timer.

| Tue 4 Oct 2022 22:15:25 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

TW8 - 1 hour ago  » 
    The HDR-2000T looks just right with one exception. One of the reviews states that in order for a timed recording to record, you have to leave the PVR switched on rather than on standby. Can anyone who has one confirm or deny that this is true?
    Thanks.

That review is not accurate and never has been.

The issue did exist with its sister product, the HDR-1800T, but was fixed by a software release in October 2014.

| Tue 4 Oct 2022 22:44:22 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

TW8 - 2 hours ago  » 

Absolute nonsense.

| Tue 4 Oct 2022 23:35:54 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

TW8

Thanks for your quick responses chaps. In that case I will suggest to her she gets ( or I will get her ) a HDR-2000T. GUIs don't get much simpler than that these day do they. Knowing how good my first Foxsat has been since 2011 (the other from a year later), I thought it unlikely, but even if true I thought the problem would have been patched by update.

Not sure how the reviewer was allowed to leave such a prominent review without a fact check for a product it didn't even apply to but hey.

You've been a great help. Thank you!

| Wed 5 Oct 2022 0:10:27 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.