My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

pvr9150t skipping/not recorded

(15 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

arthur

hi all, as in the title, recording from BBC3 some programs skip, and fro some reason 3 out of 4 times it has fail to record deal or no deal. i live in somerset and recieve from the meddip transmitter. has anyone else have this problem, have retune manualy.

| Sat 21 Apr 2012 12:42:34 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

arthur - 4 hours ago  » 
    hi all, as in the title, recording from BBC3 some programs skip, and fro some reason 3 out of 4 times it has fail to record deal or no deal.

Is the Deal or No Deal recording made when the box is in standby? Are there any other recordings scheduled before and/or after it.

| Sat 21 Apr 2012 17:06:28 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

BBC3 programmes - Family Guy and American Dad per chance, if so this is still under investgation by Humax.

| Sat 21 Apr 2012 18:23:41 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

arthur

Martin Liddle - 1 hour ago  » 

arthur - 4 hours ago  » 
    hi all, as in the title, recording from BBC3 some programs skip, and fro some reason 3 out of 4 times it has fail to record deal or no deal.

Is the Deal or No Deal recording made when the box is in standby? Are there any other recordings scheduled before and/or after it.

countdown before it, pointless after it.
    yes on standby, but the other programs record ok.

| Sat 21 Apr 2012 18:51:19 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

arthur

Barry - 28 minutes ago  » 
    BBC3 programmes - Family Guy and American Dad per chance, if so this is still under investgation by Humax.

yeah, family guy all the time, havent recorded american dad, but might have to,

| Sat 21 Apr 2012 18:53:25 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Consec timers on same channel can be a problem for a couple of reasons.

Try leaving the box on, when consecs are due to record, that will help.

| Sat 21 Apr 2012 21:16:17 #6 |
  7. Biggles

Biggles

special member

My friend is recording the four consecutive Family Guy and American Dad programmes. She is doing this every night for me as a test of the consecutive recording from STANDBY problem with software v26 (9300). She is alternately leaving the 9300 ON or in STANDBY. Every programme records without fail when the 9300 is ON. Occasionally one or two of the programmes fail to record if the 9300 is in STANDBY, the failed recordings are usually the second FG or second AD or both, but I can't say for certain if this is always the case.

To comment on the jittery playback that some people report, I randomly check one or two of the FG/AD recordings she makes on her 9300 but all the ones I check play back fine.

| Sat 21 Apr 2012 23:32:35 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

CMC

Barry - 8 hours ago  » 

Thanks for the info on this issue. I gave up recording FG and AD on BBC3 some time ago due to the slip problem. I updated my HD on my 9150t about a year ago and I am currently trying to recover a corruption that has occurred causing the box to record one programme over another and loose the programme listings. Roll on 4am.

| Sun 22 Apr 2012 3:03:54 #8 |
  9. Bayden Rank

Bayden Rank

I do not believe it - I came on to ask about this very issue and find it is already under discussion.

I have noticed that even when watching Deal 'live' that there are a few instances of 'stuttering' playback.

Family Guy is at times unwatchable due to poor playback quality.

I will watch this thread with interest.

Saves me asking should I fit a new HDD.

| Thu 26 Apr 2012 12:10:50 #9 |
  10. Bayden Rank

Bayden Rank

Just been told that the most recent manifestation of the playback problems occurred when watching one of the Antiques Road Hunt programmes we had recorded.

| Thu 26 Apr 2012 20:30:48 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.