My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Questions from a newbie

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Steve Smith

Hi

I have recently purchased a Humax Freeview HDR Fox T2 PVR, after being a Topfield user for the last 6 years or so.

After spending the last few days familiarising myself, I am finding that the more I use it the more I am liking the machine. However a number of questions come to mind which I hope that members of this group might be able to assist me with.

Apologies if these issues have bee raised before, I did look around the site for assistance prior to posting my query.

My PVR is connected to my Sony TV via the HDMI connection, and is connected to my internet router. Humax software version FHTCP 1.02.20 , Date 10 June 2011, Loader version 7.31.

Q1 When viewing the output on the Humax of SD programming, the volume control on the Humax remote controls the volume of the sound heard from the TV. However, when viewing a HD Channel, although the Humax’s on screen graphic is seen to move, the audio coming from the TV does not alter.
    The same applies to viewing previously recorded programmes. Is this a known problem ?

Q2 I have been looking at the “keyword” facility, which seems to filter programmes already in the EPG. However, is it possible to set a “keyword” to allow me to search future schedules for items of interest. For example, to allow the PVR to look for occurrences of “keywords” in programme titles or description and then record it. For example record any programme on any channel which has the word “Trains” in either the title or the description or to search for future transmissions of programmes I missed the first time around.?

Q3 Padding does not seen to work when a manual search is entered via the “New Reservations” route I have tried to bring forward the “start” time, however, this seems to alter the programme name to that of the name of the preceding programme in the schedule.

Q4 I like the presentation of iPlayer on the Internet Portal. It is good to see that radio channels are supported and that programming in presented as a HD option when available. I was however expecting a “Sky Player” to be on board. Does anyone know when this might be available ?

Q5 Is there an option that will cause programmes recorded as part of a series to be presented in the “media” library as part of the general list and not within an automatically created folder bearing the same title ad the programme?

Thanks for humouring a newbie

Steve Smith

| Sat 2 Jun 2012 15:16:32 #1 |
  2. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

A1 try toggling MENU >> Settings >> Preferences >> Audio >> Stereo / Multi Channel

A2 Advanced Keyword search is available using Customised Firmware Only

A3 A Manual schedule entry will not use padding, To use padding select an item from the EPG and padding will be automatically added

A4 Skyplayer has been promised by the Humax Standard firmware for almost a year, there is no sign of it any time soon (beta release 1.02.27 does not have this feature) However this is available in the Customised Firmware

A5 The Custom Firmware package has a 'Flatten' feature that will allow this

| Sat 2 Jun 2012 18:08:44 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.