My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Quick way to delete a show

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alloneword

Having used the 9200T and Sky+ (pukes in bucket) when you delete a show be it a 30 min soap or a 2 hour movie it takes just a second or two at most, but when using the HDR it seems to take 30+ seconds to delete a sing file, is mine up the wall or do others take as long, and when you select lots of items to delete, you might as well go and make a cup of tea the time it takes.

All1

| Sun 31 Mar 2013 13:02:41 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It's the same for everyone. It's largely down to the Linux Filesystem used by the box. If you use File Manager to select multiple deletes last thing at night, action the deletes and press the power button the box will power down after the deletes are complete. The newer boxes like the HDR FOX T2 and the HDR-1000s queue single deletes and action them in the background. You can see this by watching the HDD space get slowly larger as the recordings are deleted.

| Sun 31 Mar 2013 13:09:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

zeke

I wouldn't say it's a big deal... you can delete multiple files and still use the box as normal, just with addition of the little trashcan animation to let you know there's a delete operation in progress.

Deleting stuff on the TiVo can be slow too, for reference, and it locks the interface while it does it. That one uses some proprietary "Media File System", seems slower than EXT3 for deleting HD files.

| Sun 31 Mar 2013 13:54:27 #3 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

I have always wondered why some boxes make inappropriate use of an inappropiate filing system for the job in hand.

| Sun 31 Mar 2013 15:31:47 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alloneword

OK thanks for the replies guys, oh well it's just a pain but i'll do like Graham has suggested and just delete the ones i want last thing just seems soooo slow that's all, once again thx guys.

All1

| Tue 2 Apr 2013 8:09:32 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.