My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Radio available on 4000T?

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Yellow Peril

Just bought a brand spanking new FVP-4000T and cannot see if radio access is available and if it is, how one acquires it. All my old humax models either went beyond BBC1 and the stations where there, or the handset had a button with a music symbol on it.

I can't imagine that with all the extra features that the 4000T has, it wouldn't have radio.

thanks in advance.

Terry

| Thu 5 May 2016 7:24:58 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

keef1461

Yes, indeed there is radio.

Open the Guide, press the "+" button and you will see a selection of channel groups: "TV","HDTV" and "Radio". This essentially determines which channels you can select (and see in the guide). Select "Radio", and you can now play radio stations from the guide or by entering the channel number.

When you want to go back to TV, you'll need to change the channel group again. Like a lot of things with the FVP-4000T, a bit clunky...

Hope this helps.

| Thu 5 May 2016 7:50:16 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

If you know the channel number then it can be entered directly using the remote ie 702 for radio 2.

Using the guide press the + button and highlight radio in the drop down list and press ok.

| Thu 5 May 2016 7:51:04 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

keef1461

Barry - 5 minutes ago  » 
    If you know the channel number then it can be entered directly using the remote ie 702 for radio 2.
    Using the guide press the + button and highlight radio in the drop down list and press ok.

Barry, can you access non-selected channel groups by entering the channel number? I don't listen to radio on the 4000T, but for some reason sometimes the channel group on the guide changes itself from "TV" to HDTV" and when it does this the only way to access SD channels is to change the channel group in the guide back to "TV". Entering the channel number without doing this doesn't work...

| Thu 5 May 2016 8:02:41 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Never witnessed a spurious group change in the guide......as yet

| Thu 5 May 2016 8:08:21 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Yellow Peril

Thanks guys, I knew I could rely on you.

Have a good day.

| Thu 5 May 2016 9:43:10 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.