special member

Not recording or no sound on playback?

| Sat 11 Aug 2018 16:34:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

peterfc2 - 1 day ago  » 
    dtrt2000. Will record tv but not radio. Winter Hill

If you mean that there is no sound on playback then you are not the only one.
    See https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/comment/18995827/#Comment_18995827

There were already other Humax manufactured boxes that had been hit before the latest software started to imact DTR-T2000s.
    See https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/comment/18995724/#Comment_18995724

My DTR-T2100 also recently became a model with silent radio playback. On one of those two links there has been a suggestion that disconnecting the HDMI lead and reconnecting can occasionally bring back the sound. This does not work with me.
    What does work with me is connecting to the TV using a SCART cable and disconnecting the HDMI lead. RCA red and white leads to an amplifier should also work when the HDMI is disconnected. I haven't tried the optical out to see if that is also impacted and has the same work round.

This means that the recordings are still intact and so once Youview & Humax issue a fix the sound will come back on the apparently silent radio recordings.

| Sun 12 Aug 2018 19:36:43 #3 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

I playback on my DTR2100 using optical to my AV amp and that is mute.

| Sun 12 Aug 2018 22:38:19 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

gomezz - 40 minutes ago  » 
    I playback on my DTR2100 using optical to my AV amp and that is mute.

.. and what happens if you disconnect the HDMI cable?

| Sun 12 Aug 2018 23:19:34 #5 |
  6. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Not tried that. I use my Foxsat HDR for recording radio as I can use the Raydon customised firmware to rip the recordings to my PMP using my laptop.

| Mon 13 Aug 2018 8:50:28 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

livvy

It would appear that several people have lost sound on radio recordings during the last week. I have and also two of my friends. This must surely mean that it is something that Humax has done via wifi and therefore the problem should be able to be fixed.

| Wed 15 Aug 2018 13:11:06 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

livvy - 1 hour ago  » 
    It would appear that several people have lost sound on radio recordings during the last week. I have and also two of my friends. This must surely mean that it is something that Humax has done via wifi and therefore the problem should be able to be fixed.

Very Very Unlikely (the software version would have changed). Much more likely is the broadcaster has changed the format in some way that creates issues for recordings. I take it you can hear the audio if you listen live ? What happens if you live pause and then resume ?

Are your friends using the same transmitter ?

| Wed 15 Aug 2018 14:52:32 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

grahamlthompson - 15 minutes ago  » 

livvy - 1 hour ago  » 

Very Very Unlikely (the software version would have changed). Much more likely is the broadcaster has changed the format in some way that creates issues for recordings. I take it you can hear the audio if you listen live ? What happens if you live pause and then resume ?
    Are your friends using the same transmitter ?

The software has changed. This is a known issue that youview have acknowledged and stated that they "are working on".

Meanwhile, as it is a phased roll-out, the software update causing this issue is rolling out to more boxes and more owners will be impacted. The new software is a fix for Humax manufactured youview boxes that some are having an unusual number of failed recordings but retains the Amazon Prime app where its software update first also included the silent radio playback bug.

| Wed 15 Aug 2018 15:21:50 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

livvy

My friends are in Bristol and Exmouth so definitely not using the same transmitter. I have done everything suggested on this forum and my software is the latest I think which is 31.56.10. If I pause live radio and resume there is not a problem, only silent recordings.If I just wait is there any chance it will come right in the end?

| Wed 15 Aug 2018 15:44:53 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.