My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Radio recordings not mp3 fromat

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sor

Not a linux user, so can't comment on that. I'm using win10. And copying across (I guess that would be using Samba), and simply changing the extension to .mp2 seems to let the audio play, at least in VLC and windows media player.

If you're wanting to do more, for example using audacity:
    You need to have installed FFmpeg for Audacity.
    Audacity will import the copied across 'mp3'
    1. File menu > Import > Audio
    2. Select "FFmpeg compatible files" as the file type filter
    3. Select the file and click OK.

| Sun 2 Sep 2018 18:40:11 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Sor - 16 minutes ago  » 
    Not a linux user, so can't comment on that. I'm using win10. And copying across (I guess that would be using Samba), and simply changing the extension to .mp2 seems to let the audio play, at least in VLC and windows media player.

Why do you guess that it is using Samba? I would guess that it is using DLNA which would explain why transferred content has the encryption removed.

| Sun 2 Sep 2018 18:58:07 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sor

Why do you guess that it is using Samba? I would guess that it is using DLNA which would explain why transferred content has the encryption removed.

*shrug* I have Samba server turned on on my FVP 5000T. As to how it is actually copying things across I don't know the ins and out. My comment was due as someone mentioned FTP, my ftp server setting is off.

(sorry, it was a while ago I set everything up and had to figure out how to do what I wanted with audio files. I don't remember everything I learned then! And I'm having other issues with my FVP 5000T that I don't think are good! *sigh*)

| Sun 2 Sep 2018 21:34:56 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.