My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Radio without tv

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tomtomm

Hi all, just bought freesat box, and I thought I read somewhere that I could play the radio on my Humax box without having the TV on, is this possible???

Thanks
    Tomtomm

| Mon 10 Aug 2020 19:18:42 #1 |
  2. FenderBender

FenderBender

administrator

Hi and welcome to the forums. Can you start by telling us which Humax product you own?

If the unit has a separate audio out then the answer would be yes, but you would still need a third party amplifier to play the sound. The box itself won't have internal speakers.

| Mon 10 Aug 2020 19:29:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tomtomm

Thanks for that

| Thu 13 Aug 2020 18:46:59 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Tomtomm - 2 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for that

Also without a box without a front panel display and not connected to TV you will have no idea what radio channel you are listening to. If the box is a recording one, no way to record a programme that is not live on a box without an internal hard disk.

Also need to know if you have used London Postcode when you setup the box.

A London postcode adds a radio sports channel exclusive to London Area postcodes only)

Once again need to know what box you have (to find out if it's is a model with a display that shows what radio channel it is tuned to and has a front display).

If no front display also you will need a list of the channel numbers which of the available radio channels are on Freesat.

Without a front panel display you will need to enter the channel number using the box remote

| Thu 13 Aug 2020 21:33:38 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.